iPhone 4 case flash glare issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OnNightfall, Jun 30, 2010.

1. OnNightfall macrumors regular

Alright guys, I read yesterday about my iphone 4 case (Griffin Reveal) on the Griffin blog site about the design flaw related to the flash and having a glare. I tested it out last night and wow is this true. And this is not only isolated to this case but many others. Check out these pictures with the case and without the case that I took. Reason this happened was because Griffin like many others manufactured the case without an iphone 4 to test. So here is my question, does anyone know of a case I can purchase now that does not have this issue? I know the bumper is one but I do not like the fact that 1. It has no rear protection 2. Only Apple headphones work in the hole for the headphone jack and 3. You need nails to put the phone in vibrate Let me know, thanks!

Attached Files:

2. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

3. mer4343 macrumors newbie

I had an iFrogz slider case for my iP4 the first day I had it. No problem at all with the flash! Took perfect pics and was a very sturdy and attractive case.

However, my 3.55 audio cable wouldn't fit, so I traded that case for a Belkin Grip Vue. The Cable still won't fit, but I can just peel that corner of the case back when I need to use it. So that problem seemed solved for the time being--then I took some flash pics with that Grip Vue on. Same problem you're having. Poor design of rear cover clouds the photo every time flash is used!

4. Mfear macrumors member

5. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

It is almost impossible it seems to have a case with the following criteria.

1. Fixes or reduces the antenna issue
    2. Does not glare the flash when taking photos at night
    3. Can work with third party head phones
    4. Do not need a nail to put the phone on vibrate

6. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

There are dozens of threads about this on the iPhone Accessories board.