iPhone 4 Case Hunting!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JamesElectric, Aug 25, 2011.

1. JamesElectric macrumors newbie

I'm trying to find an iPhone 4 case that is white in colour, all i've found so far really is the SwitchEasy nude, which is crap in all fairness. i like what it does with a buttons and how it fits the phone, just i would like a better quality one,

i currently have a incipio feather, but it just seemed to get so dirty, i dread to think how a white one would be. (mine is blue)

any suggestions? I really am struggling to find something!

Thanks!

2. alex1913 macrumors member

alex1913

This might work.

You'll want a case that is a hard plastic. Any soft plastic or silicon will hold more dust and dirt.

3. JamesElectric thread starter macrumors newbie

that looks a damn sight better than the switcheasy, just wondering though, i'm UK based and seeing a lot of the manufacturers stating whether it's for AT&T or Verizon, am I going to face any problems being with Orange in the UK?

I can't really understand as to why a case should match a different network provider? I imagine the antennae problems?

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

AT&T versus Verizon in the US means whether the phone has a SIM card slot or not. An AT&T one would work fine for the UK providers, as they all use SIM slots.

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

The difference is the location of the vibrate switch - it's lower on the Verizon version than it is on the AT&T version. Some manufacturers make cases that will fit both while others make different versions.

The presence of a sim card slot usually has no impact on the case design. It's about the location of the vibrate switch. I personally haven't seen one case with a cutout for the sim card slot but I'm sure there must be some out there.

6. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

It has nothing to do with the SIM card slot, since the vast majority of cases don't have a cut out specifically for the SIM slot. Its for the vibrate switch. The Verizon iPhone uses CDMA rather than GSM radio tech, so it required a redesign of the antennae, that resulted in the switch being moved my mere mm. Its only an issue on super tight fitting cases. Many companies catering iP4 users in the US utilize a universal cutout that will fit the switch on either phone.

7. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Huh. I learn something new everyday here :)

8. zipur macrumors 6502

9. wadawow macrumors member

10. SnowDX, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2011

SnowDX macrumors 6502

I've always had good luck with SGP cases. They have a few that come in white:

http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-4/sgp-iphone-4-case-linear-color-series.html
    http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/...p-iphone-4-case-ultra-thin-pastel-series.html

There may be more on their site as well. Not sure if they ship to the UK but if they don't, I believe Cretouch does and last time I ordered, their shipping was cheaper to Canada than direct from SGP. They are an authorized dealer for SGP.

Have you tried this case yourself? Looks intriguing, may be good for my teenager. Off to take a closer look.

ETA: here's a full thread on the LifeProof cases http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1163102 And I read an iLounge review that says the screen protector changes the way you use the iPhone so you now have to press hard :(

11. dqfayi macrumors regular

the same colour as i like and the same demand as u too.....
    if u find one, share with meeeeeeeeee.....:p

12. joshbonz macrumors newbie

I agree, any softcase like rubber jellies or white capdases would tantamount to gather dusts in the long run...

I too am looking for a hard plastic white iphone 4 case, to match the color of my white ipfy...

anybody has a link on where I can check for better white plastic ip4 cases?

TIA...:D