iPhone 4 Case Program App

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rumorman69, Jul 24, 2010.

1. rumorman69 macrumors regular

So I had a question about the app used to order the free case from apple. Once you download and install the app does the app basically like log in the account that was used to download the app and hence if you want to check the order status of your case you need to login to apple.com/orderstatus with the same email/itunes id that was used to download the app or once you run the app does it ask you for your itunes id and password? I really need to know asap how the app works exactly since I need to ask a friend to use the app for me since I'm currently out of town and want to order a case with an iphone that's back at home. Thanks. :D

2. solius macrumors regular

Yeah just launch the app and choose your case. its one time use only. So choose your case wisely. Then you can check it on apple store with same apple id that it was ordered with.

3. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

You will receive an email with your order confirmation and shipping date. Mine says ships August 27 and delivers September 1.

4. Jelite macrumors 6502a

Does the app have to be installed on your iPhone 4?

I have received an email saying im eligible but wont receive my iPhone until August 14th. Can i install on my Touch so i don't have to wait as long for it to ship?

5. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

The app says it picks up on your iphone's IMEI (?) number so I think you have to only use it on the iphone 4 for it to allow it. Sorry!

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It's not showing up in the App Store on either my 3GS or iPod touch, so it looks like Apple has made it compatible only with the iPhone 4.

7. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

I couldn't find it on the App Store with my iPhone 4. I had to go to the Apple site on my phone and download it from the link.

8. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

Apple didnt give me a choice to do this, they just refunded me for the bumper.

9. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

Yep, if you go back in and try to order another case it will say that a case has already been ordered for THIS iPHONE, not this iTunes account. Have your friend goto your house and grab your phone, download the app (via apple.com/iphone/case-program), and select your case. All my information was automatically filled in when I selected mine.

10. Jelite macrumors 6502a

Oh well guess i'll just have to wait another three weeks then, would have been nice to get them at the same time.

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I got my bumper refunded (I paid in cash) and then I got a case from this application!

Loopholes, man, they rock.

12. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

Here come the ethics police to tell you how horrible of a person you are because you "stole" from apple.

13. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I've given more than a few paychecks to them. I'm sure Steve will get by with one less case.