iPhone 4 Case Program Loophole

mms13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I'm sure some others have noticed this too but...

I ordered a bumper from the apple online store same time I ordered my iPhone 4. A few days ago I got the email saying my purchase was being refunded (and the money just appeared in my account today). In addition, I was able to order another free case through the case program app. So, I'm ending up with 2 free cases in the long run. No complaints, obviously, but surely this isn't what apple had intended right?

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
I'm sure some others have noticed this too but...

I ordered a bumper from the apple online store same time I ordered my iPhone 4. A few days ago I got the email saying my purchase was being refunded (and the money just appeared in my account today). In addition, I was able to order another free case through the case program app. So, I'm ending up with 2 free cases in the long run. No complaints, obviously, but surely this isn't what apple had intended right?
Probably not, but it's been discussed quite a bit in other threads in here. Seems Apple just wants the cases to get out there, they aren't taking the time to sort things out right now.

Refund and a free bumper, probably cost them 60 cents maybe a dollar, some users on here will damn you to hell for being unethical. I got 2 cases as well, so I'll join you.

:)

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Wow, this is the fourth or fifth thread on this. Many people have four or more freebies coming. I bought two bumpers and got them both refunded and ordered a free case. The average seems to be two or three. There are many different angles on this refund/free case program. :D

mrblack927

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
Agreed. Apple doesn't seem to care. They would rather give out multiple free cases (which don't cost much anyway) then have even more bad press.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.