iPhone 4 Case Programme and general FAQ's

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ColdAsIce, Aug 31, 2010.

1. ColdAsIce macrumors newbie

Dear all,

I just ordered my iPhone 4 from the Apple Online store today,

Had a few questions, is there a reason why it takes 3 weeks, is this new batch fixed the signal issues, or is that software related.

Also the iPhone 4 free case programme came in to affect back in July if i am correct, i have ordered some screen protectors for the front and back.

I don't want any plasticy cases, just wandering if anyone had any recommendations from the free cases, ideally for one's that wouldn't scratch the phone and protectors? Not too bothered if i cannot see the Apple logo or what not just wan't protection on the phone!

Has the issue for the proximity sensor been fixed?

I sold my 3GS so putting another £100 towards it as it's unlocked also from Apple direct.

Also is it worth upgrading the OS to 4.02 or no?

Look forward to your responses,

Regards,

ColdAsIce

2. Resist macrumors 68030

Nothing hardware wise has been changed on the iPhone 4 since it's release, not even the proximeter issue has been fixed.

The ordering online time of 3 weeks is the estimated time, not the real time. But I walked into my local Apple Store today and surprisingly they had them in stock. So I purchased one.

You have until the end of September to take advantage of the free case program. http://www.apple.com/iphone/case-program/

If you are "wondering", I went to my local Best Buy and purchased an Incase Slider case because I wanted a case to protect the back of my iPhone. But I wll probably get the Apple Bumper case as the free one and use front/back screen protectors. Compared to my previous iPhone 3G cases, it's nice to have less bulk.

I would not upgrade your iPhone 3GS to iOS 4.0.2, if you sell it then let the new owner decide to do that.

3. ColdAsIce thread starter macrumors newbie

Case

Thank you for that,

Any next best alternates to the bumper

e.g. the IPixel HD/Griffin

Many thanks,

ColdAsIce

4. iamartimus macrumors 6502

I ordered my iPhone 4 and when I did, it said 4 weeks delivery time. I got it in like 23-24 days. I get the phone and I order the incase snap clear and it says 1 week delivery, so that's cool. Then I get my email notice saying that it will take 4 weeks delivery. 4 weeks for a freaking piece of plastic??!!! Gimme a break!

5. rleepremier macrumors member

I it were me I would order the bumper. Then sell it on eBay and use that money to get the case I wanted. But also remember once you order it off the app there are no exchanges or returns. So choose carefully.