iPhone 4 Case suggestions?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mantetvh1, Apr 10, 2011.

1. mantetvh1 macrumors newbie

Hey people,

I'm new to these boards and was looking for some advice. I need a new case for my iphone 4 and I want something durable but not bulky. Something that I can plug my older charger into without having to remove the case. I was thinking of Otterbox's Commuter series case and also considering their new Reflex series, although the $45 price seems obscenely over priced.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!.
    Matt

2. blackberrypilot macrumors 6502

I have the defender, commuter and reflex.

I use the defender when I go mountain bike riding because of its superior protection. I gave my commuter away, it offers great protection, but the rubber attracts so much lint and it aggravates the heck out of me.

I received the black reflex last week and love it. It feels just right in my hands and the phone is easily removed for docking. I think the commuter offers a little more protection, but Otterbox rates them the same in that category.

The best part about the Reflex is that it adds very little bulk and goes in and out of my pocket very easily. It also attracts NO lint.

3. psyduckiee macrumors regular

Hey, since you have the reflex, just wanted to know if its made in the USA?

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

5. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

6. psyduckiee macrumors regular

7. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

really? well, post a link for the OP.

8. blackberrypilot macrumors 6502

Sure is. Says it on the inside of the case.

9. JessicaR macrumors member

I happen to like this iphone 4 case It has room for a business card or maybe a picture. Whatever you like and you can change it out on a regular basis. It is about $30. It does not protect the front of the phone like an otter box but you can get a cheap screen protector for that.

10. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Did you not think he was telling the truth? lol

11. tekbeattv macrumors member

tekbeattv

I just recently tested out the Otterbox Commuter, it honestly served well for protection but I did have some issues with the covered buttons and standby/wake key. They were hard to depress.

If you are looking for some protective cases which are not that bulky, I would check out the Switcheasy Vulcan, and the Speck Fitted Case (as some other commenters have suggested).

Hope this helps and good luck!

12. mtnbkr macrumors newbie

I have an Otterbox Defender, an Otterbox Commuter, a Griffin Outfit, a Sena Ultraslim and a Mophie Juice Pack Air. Right now I am using the Commuter 95% of the time. It rocks on so many different levels. Really, I wish I hadn't wasted my money on the other cases (except for the Defender which I use skiing and biking - it rocks too).

I really like the quality of the Otterbox product. For everyday use, the Commuter is the perfect tradeoff between protection and size. I wear a suit everyday and don't find it the slightest bit bulky (I carry it in my jacket pocket constantly) or out of place looks-wise. Also, I can happily report that I do not experience lint sticking to the neoprene.

I know others (in this thread) have not had as great an experience so I suppose the assessment is quite subjective.

PS - zero issues with any of the buttons being hard to depress.

13. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    The Splash Cruiser is a great, inexpensive slider case. I've had one since almost launch and it works great. The corners do have a bit of "peeling" of the matte finish however but that may just be on the one I have as I haven't heard anyone else have problems.

14. panicpot macrumors newbie

A good case for a good price would be a Speck Candyshell or an InCase Slider. You can get both under $20.

15. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Otterbox Reflex question:

I also like the design of the Reflex for when I want more protection, but I have heard at least one owner comment that it comes apart too easy, as when taking out of a pocket.

Are any of you having this problem?

16. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Commuter is a good call! Or possible Case-Mate Hybrid Tough?

17. mrdm macrumors regular

I just received my Otterbox Reflex series case and it is fantastic. Very solid and no issues with it coming apart when removing from my pocket.

18. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Welcome to the expensive world of Apple :)

Suggestions for a case are so personal. I have a selection for different purposes including the Otterbox you referenced. What I really like it that it fits so perfectly, and is of very high quality. It is one of the best in terms of preventing the fragile glass from breaking.

It's hard to imagine that Apple was so silly as to build the phone out of such delicate glass. But then upon second thought it's typical since Apple places style as their highest priority.

19. sunny24 macrumors newbie

iPhone 3GS Leather Case

Anyone know of where I can find an iPhone 3GS slip on leather case? Something slim and minimalist - preferably in black.

Thanks,

20. js16301 macrumors newbie

Check out SFBags dot com, they have a couple of pretty nice cases for the IPhone.

jim

21. nathanneuroticx macrumors newbie

I'd definately recommend the Switcheasy Capsule Rebel.
    It's a good hybrid case (TPU inner, hard plastic spine) that has a good level of protection and lay on the table design. It also comes with two screen shields, microfibre cloth, dock adapters, stands and port plugs. Also comes in a plethora of colours. I've been using it since I bought my iPhone and yeah, I can say from experience that it's definitely worth the price tag.

22. Kenji458 macrumors member

23. casperfly macrumors newbie

The website I bought the case from is kinda expensive. But maybe this one is suitable for you. it's around 40 or 30? forgot...and certain discount..I did not see clearly. pocomaru.com
    [​IMG]

24. stefykitty07 macrumors newbie

stefykitty07