iPhone 4 Case - With Front Cover ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ColeMayfield, Aug 28, 2011.

1. ColeMayfield Guest

ColeMayfield

Hey Everyone,

So a few days ago my Grandfather purchased a Verizon iPhone 4, and called me the other day to ask about a specific type of case that he is looking for. After he explained what he is looking for, I don't think I have ever seen one for an iPhone, but I have seen one for an iPad. He is basically looking for a case that not only covers the back of the phone and the sides but also one that covers the actual screen itself. The best way to show you what I am talking about is showing you an iPad case that I found online.

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/CANVAS_iPad2/CANVAS_iPad2.php#

Basically he is looking for something similar to that or something he can slide the phone in and out of so when he is not using it the screen is covered. When it comes to him price is really no object, so does anyone have any idea of a good quality case with a front cover ???

Thanks for Reading,

:apple: CM :apple:

2. mgg, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011

mgg macrumors member

I have a Vaja iVolution for my iPad 1, and love it.

There's a similar version for the iPhone, but it looks like the front cover doesn't detach all the way -- it looks like it'll just hang there when open, unless maybe you hold it up against the back. I don't know if that would be irritating or not.

http://vajacases.com/

Just saw this on another thread. The people that have it seem to like it:

http://9to5mac.com/2011/07/26/bookb...ts-your-money-where-your-phone-is/#more-85253

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1198652

3. SnowDX macrumors 6502

I just posted a similar question 5 or so minutes before you. :) I'll keep an eye on your thread as well for ideas. Although in my case price is an object. ;)

4. ColeMayfield thread starter Guest

ColeMayfield

mgg: Thanks for the response, I really really really like the BookBook cover. I think I might go ahead and go with it... It looks like a really nice case and cover... Thanks for the Post..

SnowDX: I actually right after posting my post, read the one right below it and laughed because it was basically the same thing I posted :) I got a response and you should totally check this cover out, its called BookBook. It looks like a really nice case. By the way, if it was me, Price would be the main object, but for him, its all about spending a little extra for the name :p

Thanks for the help, and always looking for more cases,

5. SnowDX macrumors 6502

ColeMayfield, we're less open on price for this as this one is going to be bought as a gift by her granddad. He's good with about $70 or under but that puts those nice looking Vaja's out of range.

The BookBook is cool! Although I know my daughter and it won't quite be her style. She wants something a little more girly and she needs the cover to attach somehow as her phone gets put into her dance bag several days per week. I'll keep it bookmarked though as I know other people who it would work for.

6. ColeMayfield thread starter Guest

ColeMayfield

SnowDX: I'm a Junior in high school, and it wouldn't be my first choice either :eek:, but I will say if you are trying to find an easy way to cover the screen and keep it safe, the book book is the best thing you can use from what I have read and seen online...

7. mgg macrumors member

ColeMayfield: I'm glad you liked the Bookbook for your grandfather. I agree, it probably isn't something a high schooler would go for.:rolleyes: I noticed it's on the Apple site in brown; if your grandfather would rather have a black one, Amazon has it (the brown is pictured, but the item title says it's black).

SnowDX: There are several "girly" cases on the Apple site with front covers. As far as the Vaja cases, you did see the ones that were $85, right? (I know there were some that were over $200.) What's nice about the Vaja is that you can totally customize it -- you can pick the outside AND inside color.

8. SnowDX macrumors 6502

I only saw styles like these on the Apple store http://store.apple.com/ca/product/H...for_iPhone_4?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MjQ0NjU5NTA which is *too* girly for her. LOL Too much too fiddle with, she likes something simpler looking; no straps, no snaps, no buckles.

I found the $85 Vaja's now. I'll talk to granddad and see if he can up the budget. And I'll show her the Vaja cases and see what she thinks. What she has now is the exact same idea (SGP Valencia) but I assume the Vaja's are better quality so the leather will wear better than did her SGP's leather.

9. mgg macrumors member

LOL, I understand about things being too girly -- I'm the same way, though I'm several decades older than her.:(

I slip my (white) iPhone (with a clear Belkin GripVue back, PowerSupport Anti-Glare shield) into a neoprene Lowepro camera bag that I found at Best Buy. Originally, there was a drawstring top, but I cut the whole top off -- so I'm left with what looks like a nice sleeve for a (small) can of soda. I have a pocket on the side of my purse that my combo fits into perfectly. The camera bag is just wide enough that I can get my phone in and out without taking it out of the side pocket of my purse -- but even when I do take it out, it just looks like a little black bag (maybe because that's exactly what it is!).

http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Hipsh...6BWO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1314641846&sr=8-3

As far as the Vaja cases, I can only speak for the iPad cases which probably wouldn't take the same beating that a phone case would. I have the Mamut iVolution cover, and I absolutely love it. I got my son the iVolution in black with the gray stripe, and it's very nice also. (Unfortunately, he couldn't care less about how nice it looks and feels.:mad: In fact, he rarely uses his iPad -- but it sure looks good sitting in his room!;)) Anyway, I've only heard good things about Vaja products (except how long it takes to get them, since most of their products are handmade after an order is placed). I'd be willing to bet they would stand up better than the SGP Valencia your daughter now has. In my opinion, it's well worth the wait.:)

Good luck in finding the perfect case!

10. pbrogrom macrumors newbie

11. dqfayi macrumors regular

If i were you,:p I noticed it's on the Apple site in brown; if your grandfather would rather have a black one, Case2 has it (the brown is pictured, but the item title says it's black.:):rolleyes:

12. Mcbee macrumors newbie

13. ABCDEFGHIJKLMAO macrumors member