iPhone 4 Cases and Accessories

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Wicked1, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Anyone found any cases and accessories that are available now? I have been looking and it seems everyone is working on them, but nothing released yet. I just want to have a nice case the day I pick up my i4

Wicked1 :rolleyes:

2. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

will they be available to purchase before the phones are available? i want to be able to put my screen protector and case on before i even sync it the first time (like i did last year... but it was easier as the 3G line had been out for a while)

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Just get some anti-gravity forceps tongs so that you can take it out of the box without anything touching it at all. Leave it in a suspension box with just the sync cable until August when iLounge has had a chance to review the first wave of cases so you can get the best one. Then, and this is most important, use the Henterro-Wishawk-McClarmen enveloscopic augmentrillisticator to put your untouched phone into its new case. I'm sure as soon as this process is complete you will turn around, trip over the edge of a rug and drop your phone shattering the screen into several hundred pieces.

Or.

You can put it your pocket and never worry about it.

4. sjackson12 macrumors member

Also be sure to have one of those biohazard suits on and keep it in glass containment so that you have to touch it with those spacesuit arms

5. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

My white iPhone 4 will be naked, just like the last two versions. The thing I'm most concerned about is the car mount that I use religiously. I hope Griffin releases an iPhone 4 attachment for their WindowSeat soon.

6. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Have you ever gotten any screen scratches, and how do you use it (casually in jeans pocket all day, or sitting on a silk pillow on a desk, etc.)??

7. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I ordered a silicone case on eBay for about $3.0 to hold me over until all the good cases come out....would hate to drop it caseless

8. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Link? I wouldn't mind ordering a cheap, crappy case to hold me over until Seidio comes out with the Innocase for the 4 (assuming they will).

9. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

just look on www.dealextreme.com after the iphone 4 is released.

10. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Yuck - no thanks. Ordered a little battery pack from them once and the thing literally started smoking and melting while I was charging it. I want to find something that I can have in my hands on or before the 24th, even if it's something temporary to hold me over until the Innocase is available.

11. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

12. extrachrispy macrumors regular

extrachrispy

I'm not the OP, but I also do not use a case when carrying my 3GS around in my pocket. It goes into an iSkin Revo2 and then into a ziploc bag when I carry it in my bicycle bag, though (it shares space with my flat repair kit and a bicycle multi-tool, and I do get rained on once in awhile).

I have some normal wear-and-tear scratches on the plastic back, but none at all on the glass (touch wood).

I'm interested in a similarly cushiony, water-protective case for the iPhone 4 for use when bicycling. The iSkin Revo2 has built-in plugs for the earphone jack and for the data port to keep the odd drop of water from triggering the tattletale stickers, and I really like that feature.

13. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

So in a plastic bag with an allen wrench type thing, and generally out and about with no screen protection? Ok, I'm pretty confident in the iPhone's screen.

14. extrachrispy macrumors regular

extrachrispy

Er, not quite. On the bicycle, the phone goes into an iSkin Revo2 with the plastic screen protector clipped onto the front, and then all of that goes into a ziploc bag. The whole package goes either into an underseat bike bag or into my commuter bag. In either case, it's sharing space with a spare tube, a flat kit, 3 plastic tire levers, some rubber gloves, and a (metal) bicycle multi-tool. I always at least have the wadded-up rubber gloves between the phone and the multitool. In my commuter bag, I have room to have the tube, flat kit, and rubber gloves between my phone and the multi-tool, but stuff does shift around.

When not on the bike, the phone is in my pocket with no case. The only other thing that ever goes into the same pocket is paper money--coins and keys go into the other front pocket.

15. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Zero scratches on the screen. A couple of microscopic scratches on the apple on the back, and no noticeable scratches on the rest of the back or the bezel.

When I'm out and about, I keep it in my right front jeans pocket (alone) about 75% of the time, my purse (maybe separate, maybe not) about 10% of the time, and in my bra the rest of the time. Yes, really.

I pop it into the WindowSeat when I'm in my car, since I have a dedicated hookup that charges and plays through the stereo.

And when I'm home, it's on my desk, my nightstand, or some other hard surface (but usually on a cloth or book if I remember).

I'm not completely anal, but I'm careful with my stuff, so I haven't had an issue. And I use it constantly.

16. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Thanks :). I am confident that it won't get scratched, but I think I'll get SGP EX protectors for the front and back, just in case. It's just worth the peace of mind lol.

17. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

18. MacYuv macrumors newbie

Hey Ntombi,

I just joined the forum and have actually just joined (or will join) the iphone family with an iphone 4 pre-ordered. I wanted to PM you about the $25 for switching to ATT, but I guess since I am a new user I can't PM (I don't have an option to when I go to your profile).

Please let me know about this $25 thing, would love to save a little cash :D

19. CT1stMaxedOut09 macrumors member

OtterBox will have a Impact, Commuter, and Defender case for the iPhone 4 either at release or shortly after release :)

I also shot them an email to see if they would also include a clip with or as a seperate purchase for the commuter series case and they said that would be somethig they would possibly be interested in.

If you could all do me and yourself a favor if your plan on purchasing a commuter case go on OtterBox's web site and request that a commuter case be made with a clip :)

20. TaylorBoi macrumors member

I hope these guys rollout a case at Release. I had the otterbox for the 3gs and it still looks brand new!!! I refuse to use any other case but i'll email them for ya man.

21. Macuser1066 macrumors member

It won't be delivered on the day, bu just ordered the Sena Flipper case. I have had mine for 3 years with my 3 G and it has been my absolute favorite - returned a Vaja 'cause just didn't like the feel when I bought my Sena. Great leather and I it protected my iphone well. Guess I'll just look for a bumper til my sena is delivered!

22. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

Are the SGP EX Protectors supposed to ship on Monday? I hope they get here before Thursday.

23. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I'd love an Otterbox Commuter or Speck Candyshell as soon as possible.

Is there any word from Speck that a Candyshell is coming? I haven't heard much from them...

24. ReallyOldGuy macrumors regular

ReallyOldGuy

I run my 3gs nekkid, back is scratched and "dented" from when the leather cover came off the corner of my money clip (really sharp) The front is fine which tells me the only scratches likely on the 4 will be the bezel. Enjoy.....run nekkid, that was the intended design. :D

25. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Well, I tried to email you, and that didn't work either. If you're on Facebook, send me a message: *deleted* since we're now in contact.