iPhone 4 Cases - Availability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stefc93, Jun 18, 2010.

1. stefc93 macrumors regular

I will be getting the iPhone 4 this Thursday (hopefully) and want to buy a case or holster to go along with it. That last thing I need is to drop my brand new iPhone! So what I was wondering is:

1. Which manufacturers/companies will be releasing their cases and holsters for the iPhone 4 this Thursday for purchase immediately either in store or online?
    2. What are some good companies/cases/holsters?

2. olly666 macrumors regular

olly666

As far as I know there isn't going to be much available on launch day. Start with an Invisible Screen since those are shipping now. Ebay has some generic $6 cases available to hold you through until the good stuff becomes available.

3. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

I'd recommend buying a screen protector for both sides.
    Buy a Bumper [For now], and once your desired company starts shipping the cases, return the bumper and.....you know the rest

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I will simply drop my iPhone 4 into one of my Blackberry:eek: belt holsters and use that till something better comes out. I hate holsters that are too tight or hard to get your phone in and out of as I get 50-60 calls a day. I also hate any holster that stays on the device while you use it.

I like my phone naked!:eek:

5. drewsky08 macrumors newbie

Most Best Buy's already have some cases for the iPhone 4 in stock. I work at the one in Vallejo, and we are putting them out soon. Let me tell you, though, they are HIDEOUS. They are the Rocketfish cases (Best Buy's Brand), but whatever Best Buy is near you, they shouldn't have an issue letting you check them out.

6. elephunkman macrumors 65816

The top case manufacturers won't have their launches until a few weeks after the 24th.

7. jordand321 macrumors member

8. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

9. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

I've never been a fan of cases. I bought a Squaretrade warranty. They are having a special for $99 for two years' worth of insurance.

10. anitrajw macrumors regular

I bought a silicone case for $0.99 off ebay.. hopefully this case and my Invisi-shield will arrive before or shortly after I get my phone.

11. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Your 3G(S) holsters will work fine. The iPhone 4 isn't that much thinner when it comes to a holster since they generally aren't form fitted any.

I'm using the holster from my 3G.

12. stefc93 thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone know of any good manufacturers of holsters?

I like the new design of the iPhone 4 and don't want to cover it with a case or a skin. However, I don't want to put the iPhone "naked" into my pocket since I'm afraid of scratches and crushing it.

13. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

The best thing to do is to go to an Apple storeand see what they have. They usually have a decent colloction of holsters. But be sure to ask them to allow you to compare several different ones first. The best way to shop for holsters is hands-on.

However, to answer your question: I use Incase.

Edit: This is what I'm using now. I plan on using it with Iphone 4 as well.

14. DataRiff macrumors member

DataRiff

Do you think it would be okay for me to use a 3GS case (holster type) for my iPhone 4 in the long run? I don't like those types that cover the back, I basically just want one to protect the phone when it's in my bag and such...
    I'm thinking of going to the Apple store today to just buy a nice holster, I don't want to be naked on Thursday

15. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Read my edit from above. But, yes. Your iPhone 4 should fit in a 3GS holster. While there are some style differences, they are still roughly the same size.

16. DataRiff macrumors member

DataRiff

Thanks for the quick response... That looks like it will totally fit the iPhone 4...
    *Walking to Apple store now*

17. stefc93 thread starter macrumors regular

Will the retail Apple stores have holsters/cases/skins on launch day, Thursday? I see that the online Apple store doesn't have any cases (other than the Bumpers, which are way overpriced). When will the online Apple store have accessories/cases/holsters for the iPhone 4?

18. DataRiff macrumors member

DataRiff

I called my local shop (5th ave) to ask and they said they would have some launch day... but he wasn't too specific, and I'm guessing they'll sell out real fast!

19. bigtallguy macrumors member

I went to the Best Buy in Torrance, CA and they showed me some of the Rocketfish cases too, and I can agree, they are disgusting. I'm not buying one of those ones, I'll wait till I see something better.

20. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

I have ordered the zagg invisible shield. It's a clear shield you apply to protect your entire phone. It is scratch resistant. They have videos on their website showing you how to install it and they make it look easy. I also received a 50% off coupon in my email I used because all I did was put in my email address to win an iPad through them. Here is the link if you are interested http://www.zagg.com/index2.php.

I will probably buy a bumper also to protect the sides of the phone in case I drop it. Apple sells those.

21. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

I will look for some kind of case where you take the phone out to use it. I don't intend putting anything at all on the screen - I don't want anything to detract from the experience of the retina screen.

22. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

The invisisheild is great and won't take anything away from your viewing experience other then maybe keep your phone fingerprint free. They are truly amazing products and I wouldn't be surprised if the company becomes the industry standard in about 5 more years.