iPhone 4 cases available at Best Buy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFan360, Jun 20, 2010.

1. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Was at Best Buy today and noticed they had iPhone 4 cases and screen protectors. Picked up a case. I have a feeling they will be hard to get after June 24.

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

3. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

4. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

What kind? Post a pic

5. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I'm supposed to get a bumper the 25th, hopefully it isn't just some Rocket Fish (or is it bird) stuff.

6. AppleFan360 thread starter macrumors 68020

The ones I saw were RocketFish silicon and gel. They also had plenty of clear screen protectors.

Here is the silicon soft case. Feels good in my hand and not slippery at all.

Attached Files:

• case.jpg
      case.jpg
      File size:
      80.2 KB
      Views:
  7. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

eh...not a fan of pure silicon but better than nothing.

I wonder how much trimming a 3GS screen shield will take to fit an Iphone 4.

8. AppleFan360 thread starter macrumors 68020

Hey for $15 I figure its better than nothing when the phone gets delivered on Thursday. :)

9. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I wonder if my Best Buy has some. I didn't want to throw down $30 on a Bumper. The case on my iPhone 3G was $3 on eBay and it has protected my iPhone from 2 falls.

10. Iphone4Mac macrumors member

Lol i bought the same case yesterday and a invi-shield too

came out to 7.72 :)

11. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Why so cheap?

12. kjanice2009 macrumors member

That seems great but a little bulky. I am also a fan of silicon case, so I am going to order iPhone 4 silicon cases from DSstyles.:D

13. markthrash macrumors regular

markthrash

Thanks for the info. I'll check out and see if my Best Buy has anything yet. It'd be cool if they were gonna get bumpers. It's too late for me to order a white or green one for my ordered black iPhone. Every color but black is pushed back to the 14th on the Apple Store website.

14. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

good info. I'm definitely afraid to use the iPhone 4 without a case...

15. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

I realize there is very little to choose from right now as far as cases - but the one in the picture is soooooo ugly. I'm sorry, this is an awesome looking phone, and that case is brutal.
    Again, I understand wanting something to protect the phone once you get it, and there being nothing out there right now, but that case. Ugly!

16. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

I think you're all seriously underestimating the durability of the device. I've dropped my 3gs several times, never had it in a case, the screen is still flawless. There is some minor light scratching on the plastic cover, however, the new iPhone has the same glass on the front and back! This glass is incredibly durable and highly resistant to scratching. If you don't believe me there are durability test videos you can find online.

I think the only thing at risk of scratches (barring serious abuse) on this new device is the metal side, which is probably why Apple is producing those bumpers.

That said, I know I plan to enjoy my iPhone in its original extra-slim size, with no hideous functionality-limiting overcoat trumping the whole point of having good industrial design.

17. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

i ordered a IS but its coming, I was at BB and I really did not like that case. They have a ton of them.

The kid told me on WED they will have bumpers but he didn't sound confident to me... I hope they have them because I want orange!!!!

18. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

That case is ugly as hell, but it'd definitely be better than nothing for the first few days.

19. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I always had a case on my 3GS, but this time since I am getting the sleek Black i4 I made go Nude with the phone, and no not me personally (had to say this for all the wise guys out there) but I might just get a bumper because I love the way the i4 looks.:rolleyes:

20. michael31986 macrumors 68030

i went to best buy today and they had nothing... so idk what im gonna do. plastic wrap?

21. shakedotazz macrumors newbie

I went to Best Buy a bought an iFrogz case for the iPhone 4... what do you guys think of this brand from previous gen iPhones? I got the Luxe model...

EDIT: they charged me $29, although they were not price tagged yet...

22. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

i saw them tonight and they looked only decent. i'm gonna rock mine with IS only. but i was told they would have all colors for bumpers on thurs but somehow i think the kid was lying to me. how rude!

23. bushbaby macrumors 6502

bushbaby

Is anyone seeing these in SoCal? I have been to two stores and they are holding them for the release on the 24th.

24. kr00k322 macrumors 6502

I just left mine a few hours ago and they didn't have anything out, but they have my phone I pre-ordered. I'm guessing they indeed will hold them until the 24th..out here atleast.

25. bushbaby macrumors 6502

bushbaby

Yeah, that's so LA, isn't it? everywhere else they just put them out on the shelf. Here they're behind little red ropes.

My bumper isn't coming until July; my Zagg personalized back is any day now, and I don't have anything for the front yet. I'd like one of those cheap cases but the shipping takes weeks.