iPhone 4 cases that work with Invisible Shield Full Body?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by klamse25, Jul 10, 2010.

1. klamse25 macrumors 6502a

klamse25

I have an invisible shield on both front and back of my iPhone 4. I hear that incipio feather works, but I may be wrong. I ordered a switcheasy nude and may return it because I hear it doesn't work with invisible shield. Is this incorrect?

2. klamse25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

klamse25

I don't consider that a "real" case.

3. falconeight Guest

falconeight

The none will work if they will it will be very tight and defeat the purpose of protecting in a fall.

4. klamse25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

klamse25

Are you sure? The IS isn't that thick...

5. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Yes, but when you add film to each edge, it's net thickness it 4x normal because you have to account for each side. I've seen multiple reports of this. Some say it fits, but it's tight. If that's the case, then he is right... it defeats the purpose.

6. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

As of right now the Feather is the only case that works with the IS. there was a guy in another thread who posted pictures of his iPhone 4 with IS and the feather and he said it fit great.
    I bought the Nude and cancelled at the last minute and they refunded me. Their Facebook page states the Nude will not work with the IS because it will stick to the case.
    So I'm gonna get a feather but I want to wait for then to release the updated version that deals with the flash problems.

7. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I thought it only worked on the front. It works all the way around?

8. ziked macrumors newbie

Not true. I have a generic iPhone case that I got at the mall for $10 and the Zagg IS full body works perfectly with my case.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ram8727 macrumors member

Zagg will work with the Speck Candyshell, Speck PixelSkin HD, and Case-Mate Barely There if you do not use the side pieces (just front & back). Those are the only ones I've tried with Zagg. BSE is coming this week, but those cases should work with it as well.

10. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Just make sure it's not so tight that if dropped the pressure will not cause it to break easier than no case at all

11. bLaZ3n macrumors regular

12. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

iFrogz luxe lean

Just happened upon this at my Best Buy store with the girlfriend. She wanted to find a case to use right away on top of her IS.

1. Works with the Invisible Shield. Snug fit but looks solid.

2. Works with luckylabs vinyl decals.

3. Has a decent lip above the screen. I imagine that without the luckylabs decals the lip would stick out even higher.

4. Ameliorates the reception issue in low reception areas.

5. Flash cutout seems small but I haven't tested the camera to see if it affects pictures.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm still planing on waiting for the revised Feather.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. hcoteen2008 macrumors regular

Do you have Invisible Shield installed on the back of the iPhone 4?

14. keviikev macrumors member

Running IS with bumper for 11 days. I love combination. Makes bumper fit snug and no dust gets to the phone. Hoping the element Case will fit with IS full shield.

15. wattsja macrumors regular

I can confirm the candyshell works fine with the Zagg IS.

16. azelaya84 macrumors member

I have a switch easy nude in white that i use with a BSE skin only front and back. Although it does fit very snug the back part does stick to the case and lifts a little bit everytime you try and remove the case.

17. Seattleite macrumors member

Seattleite

I use the Incipio Silicryllic on mine with Invisible Shield on both the front and back. Works great! :D

18. Ryan2925 macrumors newbie

I have a full body IS on my iPhone 4. I am using a griffin case it has a rubber edge and clear back. I think it's called the griffin reveal. I got it at best buy. It fits good but it was sticking. The trick is to squeeze a bottle of baby powder while holding the case above it. Don't squeeze powder directly onto it, just hold it in a way to catch the air above the bottle. Works great so I'm sure it would work on other cases that it sticks on.

19. revirus macrumors member

revirus

bumper

I just got a free Apple bumper and it fits perfect with IS full body protection. No bubbles or peels on anywhere. It's just perfect!

20. spader macrumors newbie

There was this Griffin TPU type case @ Best buy that was frosted on the inside, so there wasn't any watermarking. I couldn't find out what it was called, it didn't have the proper shelf tag.

I've looked online to see what it was, but couldn't find it. Maybe somebody can help. I didn't buy it because it was an open box. Stupid me. It worked with my bodyguardz back and luckylabs side, as well with an SGP crystal front. No liftage anywhere.

Description :

Tpu type, edges have ridges running parallel along the sides. Slightly tapered inwards with the Griffin logo on the side.

21. bobright macrumors 601

This is an extremely old thread I know, but I'm curious does anybody think this still applies and the Feather for the iPhone 5 would fit with a body shield?

22. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Unless they've radically changed the style of the Feather, i'm sure it'll work just the same.

23. BellaVita USA macrumors newbie