iPhone 4 cases & the 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kitch95, Oct 15, 2011.

1. kitch95 macrumors regular

kitch95

I've preordered a 4S which will ship when ever apple gets more instock- at the same time I ordered a case for it to go straight (a iphone 4 one) in when it arrives- however I've just been reading that the 4S has slightly different button positioning to the 4. Has anyone tried as 4S with a iphone 4 case? In particular the switch easy nude, which is what I've ordered.

Cheers

2. debudebu macrumors regular

Apparently, otterbox defender is one of the few that aren't supposed to fit the 4s. I just put mine in in this case and it almost fits perfectly other than silent button above the volume button being very slightly off. The volume buttons work fine along with everything else I've checked. Seems like this is a gimmick to get people to buy a new case.

3. kitch95 thread starter macrumors regular

kitch95

Fair enough, switch easy's website actually say's compatible with 4/4S so it cant be that different- fingers crossed...!

4. BiscuitsNGravy macrumors member

I purchased the SGP Neo Hybrid 2EX AT&T case for my 4S. It fit just fine. The mute switch is not centered, but it's not a problem at all.

My case was supposed to be for the iPhone 4 GSM only, but it fits.

My wife bought a Switcheasy Glitz and it fits perfectly.

5. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

My defender case fit the 4S but I couldn't use the silent switch. When I tried to use it the switch almost broke off. I ordered a 4S defender case and should have it in a couple days.

6. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

I used an Incase Slider on my iPhone 4 GSM. It fits the iPhone 4S perfectly.