iPhone 4 CHARGING stalk mount car kit

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ehmyerson, Apr 5, 2011.

1. ehmyerson macrumors newbie

ehmyerson

I want to stick my iphone 4 on a stalk mount which plugs into a console power source in my car and I want the thing to charge my iphone 4. I see numerous charging stalk mounts for older iphones, but, they specifically state somewhere in the description that they DON'T charge iphone 4's. It's been nearly a year since the 4 was released. What is the problem?

2. eclone macrumors newbie

3. ehmyerson thread starter macrumors newbie

ehmyerson

Thank you.

I've ordered it and will see if it suits my need. You're right, with all of my searching, and I've been searching, for some reason, I did not search enough!
    After I try it, I'll report further.
    Ed.

4. eclone macrumors newbie

No worries, I was just busting balls...slow day at work.

I have a couple friends with this (want one bad, but I'm too cheap) and it's THE best in-car cradle I've ever used. You won't be disappointed. Note: you have to use the charger plug washer supplied to be sturdy, plug a 3.5mm cable from your stereo to the base of the cradle and the cable from the mount to your iphone's 3.5mm jack for aux to work. Also, wrap the cable that goes from the mount to the iphone to the back of the mount to reduce excess cable hanging. You'll know what I mean when you're setting up the unit.

I'm actually surprised this unit isn't recommanded more often on this forum.

Edit - the FM version/function is complete garbage. Don't bother with it.

5. ehmyerson thread starter macrumors newbie

ehmyerson

Usage

I'm actually interested in the charging capability only. I've got an old original iphone in my glove box with an Audi cable input that runs the ipod function and contains my source music. I use my iphone 4 as a phone only and it runs in the car on bluetooth through the same system.

All I need is a neat, clean looking solution for the phone to keep it secure, eye handy and charged.

Thanks, again.

6. ehmyerson thread starter macrumors newbie

ehmyerson

TuneBase Direct with Hands-Free TOTALLY USELESS WITH iPHONE 4

Fortunately, my wife has an iPhone 3gs and it works just fine in her car... with her phone.

Still no iPhone 4 CHARGING stalk mount car kit...

Sorry.