iphone 4 charging

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by evangelos, Sep 1, 2010.

1. evangelos macrumors newbie

i bought the iphone 4 i took it out the box and charged it till it was 100 percent full while working with itunes .Then disconnected it and used it normal then the battery got completely empty until it shut down, i charged it about 3hours switched off then i switched it back on and ever since i have been charging it at 40 percent i have had it for 10 days now

my question is was this correct and if not what do i do now

2. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

You are good, now just let it drain below 20% about once a month.

3. Resist macrumors 68030

I don't think it really makes that much of a difference. Especially since most people will upgrade their iPhone every 2 years or so as it is. The battery needs replacing about that time anyway.

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

For pretty much every single one of the 2 years I had my iPhone 3G, I had used it until it ran out of battery. That means there were at least 600 full discharges and recharges for that battery, and it still has a fantastic battery life.

Rule of thumb is, though, if you can keep it from running out, then plug it in. It's not a big deal if you let it run flat like once a week.

5. Resist macrumors 68030

I never did any special battery procedure for my iPhone 3G and it's almost 2 years old. All I did was try to charge it when I saw the battery level was at the half way point. Granted I can tell the battery drains a bit faster than it did when it was new, but it's still fine. If I hadn't just upgraded to an iPhone 4, I might think about a battery replacement soon.

6. ozansener41 macrumors newbie

I need prevent USB charging while connect itunes (for iphone4)

Can someone advise how can i prevent charging when i connect my iphone to itunes via.USB.
    I need to use batteries till down 100% and than charge but once i connect iphone to itunes automatic chargins is started without ask any confirmation??

Thank you beforehand,