iPhone 4 Commercials?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cowsrus, Jun 17, 2010.

1. cowsrus macrumors 6502

When are we going to see commercials?

I have no idea when the 3GS started having commercials but I believe it was before launch date
    I find it kind of weird that Apple has done so little to advertise for the iPhone, however so many people already follow Apple and with 600,00 0 preorders already, it seems slightly unnecessary, but still

2. pab277 macrumors regular

yea, i also found it kind of odd that apple hasn't made an ads or commercials considering that they had one completed during the accouncement of the iPhone 3gs. I guess one reason for their thinking would be that the iPhone 4 is selling itself as it is, and ad's would only increase demand to a phone that is on a limited supply basis. I'm sure they'll begin advertising when hype slows down and supply increases.

3. cowsrus thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea i agree to that sort of idea, this phone has sold so much with such little advertising, but the demand is already too high and they aren't even selling the white yet, so it wouldnt be smart to advertise a product that doesnt need it at this point, just to get more people agitated at the problems they are facing

I was just wondering if the lack of advertisements had to do with a lack of white iPhone availability

4. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

Commercials will come soon ... They didn't need to do them for the iPad but did.

5. California King macrumors 65816

Any guesses what it will look like? What music they'll use? etc..

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

7. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

They don't need them, they already sold all of them on the hype alone. It's a tried and true product.

The iPad commercials they needed because there was some skepticism about the FF.

8. HA5TY macrumors member

_

9. nlr macrumors 6502

10. California King macrumors 65816

lol, I think people would explode of anxiousness if they saw a iPhone 4 commercial every 10 minutes on TV.

11. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

"I lobbied for 3 cameras." LOL genius. I thought they would have their first commercial during the NBA Finals but I guess not a lot of people were watching then :p BUT I WAS GO LAKERS!!!! KOBE 5 RINGS BABY!

12. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Wow, those early commercials brought it all back when I first saw the iPhone 3G and how amazed and awestruck I was. Good times, good times.