iPhone 4 compatible music dock

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mrxtc007, Sep 14, 2010.

1. mrxtc007 macrumors newbie

OK guys I have a question for you and see if you can help me out here. I tried 2 docks from logitech and keep getting pop-up messages says..."this accessory is not optimized for your iphone.......".

The first one was the Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere 2 which works well with all other iPhones EXCEPT iPhone 4. I liked this one because it's small but sounds really good. I would prefer this one but when I connect my iPhone for to it I get an error message and the remote for it does not skip to the next song or rewind to previous song, it only adjust the volume.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The 2nd one I got it the Logitech Rechargeable Speaker s715i but i still get the same problem as the other one. The universal dock for this one is horrible because the iPhone 4 is heavier then the previous models so it tends to not fit as well as the older models of iPhone. I tried a iPhone 3gs on this dock and it works perfect with it but on the iPhone 4 it looses contact with the dock and volume errors as well.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

To make a long story short I just want a dock that is compatible with the iPhone 4 as I have yet to find one. Thanks again and I appreciate your feedback!

2. Shield macrumors member

This is also a topic I am interested in. I have been trying to research Speaker Docks with excellent sound quality that would also be compatible with the iPhone 4. One speaker system that has caught my attention is the iKick iK501 by Kicker. I posted a thread a little while ago about this system, but no one here seems to have info about it. Since then I did email the Customer Support from Kicker, and they responded to me that the iKick 501 is fully compatible with the iPhone 4. I am very tempted to pick it up based on several reviews I have read about it. It sounds awesome. Check out this YouTube video.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGPeiLNGpmg

[​IMG]

3. Shield macrumors member

Anyone else know of Speaker Docks with great sound quality that are fully compatible with the iPhone 4? I'm leaning towards ordering the Kicker from Amazon...decent price.

4. Sulaco macrumors member

The Zeppelin by Bowers And Wilkins (B&W) is simply the best. You can also download revised software if a change in OS causes a conflict at any point.

5. Shield macrumors member

Thanks for the suggestion....I've looked up the Zeppelin based on your post. It certainly comes highly recommended for it's sound quality. It also appears to be compatible with iPhone 4, which is great. My problems with the unit are it's lack of portability, it's blimp looking design, and it's scary high price tag.

6. s3tTz macrumors newbie

Apologies for the epic bump. Not sure if you ended up settling on a dock. But, I can confirm that the Kicker is indeed fully iPhone 4 compatible - you will NOT get the annoying compatibility notification.

I own one of these, and can safely say that this by far the best sounding dock I've come across (and I did test a wide variety of docks before settling on this baby).

7. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

I have the JBL stage 1st Gen and I love it but I heard people who bought the 2nd Gen JBL stage fried their phones. So just be aware of that.