iPhone 4 complaints decreasing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheAppleGeek, Jul 12, 2010.

1. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

As of lately, I've been noticing a decrease in the constant complaints about peoples' new iPhone 4's. Now, I haven't been on the boards lately, but are the complaints at least not as widespread as they were for the first three weeks?

2. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

I think that after the dust settled people actually realised how much it had been blown way out of proportion and that most people werent actually affected by it at all.

Not to mention the fact that when some peoples bars were going down it didnt actually drop the call so for a lot of people it actually is a 'non-issue'.

3. huskerchad macrumors regular

What happened is that people actually got iPhones and started using them.

4. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

*ahem*

"This party's just getting started..."

5. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

I think it also could be that some of the newer units arent having as many problems, and with apple stores getting more stock people are getting replacements so they dont have a reason to complain.

6. TheAppleGeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

I'm presuming something like this happened last year with the 3GS?

7. gdlcjr macrumors regular

Because they are tired for complaining. You cannot complain forever.

8. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

How long do you bang your head against a wall over the same old thing? I sent bug reports and such to Apple and no one here really knows what the hell they're talking about, why waste more time on it?

Not to this degree. Then again, the 3GS didn't have a glaring hardware problem.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

Calm before another storm

Wait until 4.01 comes out and then there will be another outcry - not only about the phone - but what 4.01 does or does not fix in terms of reception/bar notification and other glitchy behavior of the OS in general.

Complaints and Feedback are cyclical

10. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I've noticed this too. It could be:

A. People got tired of complaining/getting slammed for complaining.

B. People are just settling into their phones/getting cases for antenna issues etc.

Same thing happens with each release.

11. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Think of it as an endless cycle. When the iPhone 5 comes out that too will sell in the millions, people will discover issues, and the circle of nerd rage will continue.

What you have to remember is that whilst you and I might have full and active lives filled with love and joy. Some people spend their days worrying about wobbly home buttons and how many bars of signal strength they have. Sad but true Im afraid :/

12. samcraig macrumors P6

People - SOME people have legitimate complaints and have been vocal about them. That doesn't mean they don't have lives or aren't justified in discussing their issues.

13. billyjoegibsonx macrumors 6502

Yeah I guess people are just dealing with it....I have the problem. I got my phone on launch day. Doesn't affect me one bit, therefore its not really a problem and I can deal with it. 90% of the time I have it in the bumper. But when i don't...It still doesn't affect me. I'm right handed and the way i hold it doesn't cover the black strip. I even tried holding it in my left hand and personally i can hold it comfortably without covering the black strip.

It was for sure blown out of proportion. I'm glad its over. I couldn't bare coming on these forums to see all the people fuming. But you can never please everyone :)

Jobs was right. Just hold it another way :)

P.S Sir Ruben I like your signature :) I might add a little something like that in mine, if you don't mind ? :)

14. wongster41 macrumors regular

it's because most people have returned their iPhone 4 and moved on.

15. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

LOL sure, everyone has an Android phone now, those blasted iPhones eh? Who'd ave em! :D

16. King Luis macrumors 6502

this.

and this.

people are very quickly to throw complaints and not think about and work arounds or things they may have done wrong like "my touch screen phone fell and the screen broke" then follow it up with, "iphones suck and are the worst cell phones ever." not to realize that they are the ones that made the mistake of mistreating their phone.

complaints have gone down but they will always be people who want everything they buy to be 100% perfect. it'll never happen.

17. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

This happens every time a new Mac product is released.

18. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think some of the decrease is that the volume of sales has decreased. Apple is selling less, not less because people are scared to buy them, but rather apple can only fulfill a certain level of sales at this point.

Plus what's been mentioned has been beaten to death, so we all know about the issues and potential fixes, why create a new thread asking why a person is losing signal strength when holding the phone a certain way when that subject is now well known.

19. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

Mine works really good maybe one dropped call since I got mine on launch date. The only frustrating problem that I have with it is the slow data, it is very slow!

20. Shoesy macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

Mine very often tells me that it has lost the carrier. I don't mind that it has - I just wish it didn't feel the need to tell me every time it happens!

21. citrate macrumors 6502

I don't think this was a case of people wanting something that is 100%. They just wanted a phone where the primary function wasn't flawed, big style!

22. ski2moro macrumors 6502

I am suffering in silence because I have contacted Apple and AT&T with no positive results. I am waiting to see if the problem is resolved before the 30 day return window closes because I have SLOW or NO 3G DATA most of the time.

23. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Whoops. Consumer Reports just fanned the flames. Look for complaints to start up again! :eek:

24. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    It all reminds me of the five classic stages of grief:

1. Denial - there can't be a problem!
    2. Anger - okay, who's to blame?
    3. Bargaining - just give me a bumper or coupon
    4. Depression - it'll never get fixed
    5. Acceptance - might as well enjoy the nice screen

:)

25. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Lol! Ok, that fits perfectly for this situation!