iPhone 4 connecting then disconnecting rapidly

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by saucy1360, Apr 12, 2011.

1. saucy1360 macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 4, jailbroken on 4.3.1, that connects then disconnects when I connect it to my MBP via USB. It's been doing this for months, probably a few months after a jailbroke it for the first time late last year. It connects for a split second, disconnects, connects, etc. etc.... it just keeps vibrating over and over and then it will finally connect unless I move the cord. I have tried over 3 USB cords, multiple USB ports on multiple computers, and I can't figure it out. It was restored when I re-jailbroke last week and still did it even when it wasn't jailbroken.

Anyone ever seen this before? I'm having a hard time believing I can fix it without taking it to the Apple Store. And I don't want to do that because I'm pretty sure they won't help me since it is/has been jailbroken...

2. saucy1360 thread starter macrumors regular

3. istariphoenix macrumors member

Ugh

My 4S is doing the same thing too, non-jailbroken, non-unlocked, with AT&T. Uber-frustrating. Ready to take this back in and exchange it. Tried everything: reboot, restore, delete backup, delete sync history, new cables, different ports, on iPhone dock, off iPhone dock, tried powered hub, tried regular ports, tried 2.0 ports, tried 3.0 ports, result is the same. Completely unpredictable, spontaneous, and without logic in any way, shape or form.