Resolved Iphone 4 Connecting to Hotel Wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BayRunner, Feb 25, 2011.

1. BayRunner, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011

BayRunner macrumors newbie

I was at a Holiday Inn Express last week and attempted to connect to the hotel's WIFI. I turned Wifi on through settings and connected to the access point. When I would go into Safari, and sometimes when I would turn it on in Settings, I would get a log-in page that would pop up. That page was always empty. I tried on my laptop, and had no issues.

I'm a Verizon holdout, so I am new to the iOS system, and may not be doing something correct. Is this a known issue? I searched the forum and didn't see anything quite similar.

Thanks
    Kevin

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Sounds like the code on the hotel wifi's end is messed up at the log in page. Nothing you can really do about that. Once you turn on wifi and connect, it should work right away.

3. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

That is not uncommon, I sometimes get the same thing at Red Robin.:D
    The login, confirmation web site for mobile phones wont come up somtimes.

4. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

I often get the same problem in Hotels, and some trains. Unfortunately there is nothing that you can do. It a problem with them not you.

5. BayRunner thread starter macrumors newbie

6. ImStrapped macrumors member

Just like everyone else said, this happens a lot in hotels/motels.
    they put up a kind of security page that usually asks for a code which proves that you are staying at that certain hotel/motel so they don't get random people stealing wifi.