Iphone 4 CONTINUING Signal Problems after new 4.0.1 Software Update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iconboyips, Jul 16, 2010.

1. iconboyips macrumors member

FYI: I have installed the new 4.0.1 software update.

I'm in the UK.

The signal loss issue STILL exists with the 'death grip' and i have proximity sensor issues when trying to make calls..the usual - ear outs calls into video calls, ear cuts off calls, ear mutes calls. Yadayada. (Before anyone jumps on my case I wasn't really expecting it to solve it given the info before the update was released).

Also having problems trying to add details to an existing contact in that add to contact actually makes a new contact, making a new contact actually activates a facetime!

Really fed up with Apple. Waiting for the press conference this morning (afternoon UK time)...depending on what answers they give the phones going back. Sick of Apple and their "we are invincible attitude". I've had too many of my Apple products go wrong in the last 18 months and too many of them been screwed up and had to go back or be replaced by new ones because of their inability to resolve things.

2. dubnde macrumors regular

I have completely lost 3G/HSDPA after the update. from 2Mbps to no 3G at all. Web pages take ages to load. damn apple. Is there a way to go back to 4.0?

3. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

The software update wasn't supposed to fix the death grip issue.

If you have no 3G, restore the phone and set it up as new.

4. Tunster macrumors 6502

Take the phone back then. Shame you can't read the software update changelog that appeared before it updated. Apple never said this update would fix the issues.

We're all in the same boat and reading the current news stories and threads might help you know what's going on.

I'm in the same boat with many others here (including you). As you said, wait until what Apple will have to say.

5. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

6. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

A mate of my brothers has the iP4 and I observed him a few times having trouble with the prox sensor not working correctly. He would cut people off and mute the call and I could see him trying to figure it out.

It's his first iPhone and he loves it to bits. He doesnt have any signal issues as far as I know, and because he loves it to bits I didnt have the heart to tell him about the prox sensor possibly malfunctioning. I just hoped Apple would bring out an update and fix it.

I was interested in getting an iP4 but I think I'll stick with my 3Gs for another year as I have no problems with it at all.

7. iconboyips thread starter macrumors member

try reading my post before preaching to others about reading things... I did say I didn't expect it to resolve, but from reading other forums and posts i got the impression some people might so I was posting my news for info to people who thought it might! Jeees!

8. Tunster macrumors 6502

Fair enough. I would of thought the front page news stories on this website would of told you the 4.0.1 update was only changing the indicator bars. Excuse me, I didn't realise you were blind :rolleyes:.

9. biffarino macrumors member

try reading the front page of the iphone forum

10. iconboyips thread starter macrumors member

AS I SAID I DID. I wasn't expecting a fix, but some people were. My post was poorly for information to those who were expecting a fix to confirm to them that it didn't fix it because it wasn't stated it would do!!

Jees!

11. Tunster macrumors 6502

I don't like parrots.

[​IMG]

:D

12. biffarino macrumors member

count to 10 and relax. that post was bordering on incomprehensible.

13. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

Yes, your post was poor.

14. iconboyips thread starter macrumors member

Ive never come across such a bunch of bullies. I posted to try and help people and all people have done is pick at it.

I knew the software update would resolve the issue. I wasn't expecting it to either. As I keep saying it was PURELY for those who were expecting more than was officially published.

If you read other posts it's clear that some people were expecting fixes and some people even think there are hidden fixes that weren't officially declared. My post was in response to those people, showing that as officially stated the software update didn't solve the issues.

Ever heard of the saying if you haven't got anything nice to say don't say it?

I rarely post on these boards and when I try to help people out it just gets mean responses.

:confused:

15. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

So you did or did not think it would fix the issue? You seem to be contradicting yourself.

16. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

2nd that, my old Macbook and G4 lasted years, my new Macbook Pro I've had to take back three times already all for different issues, going back again next week for yet another problem.

I've been sitting on my 3G waiting for good news but there just doesn't seem to be any light at the end of this tunnel...what good is a phone that doesn't make calls?

17. halledise macrumors 65816

Hamilton Island, Whitsundays, QLD Australia
    I have an iPhone 3G S.

iOS 3 was fine.

then came iOS 4 - beautiful - showing full strength (5 bars) reception with Telstra NextG network.

installed update to iOS 4.0.1 and now just 2-3 bars signal strength!

same real-time reception, but really Apple, exactly WTF are you trying to achieve?? :rolleyes:

18. iconboyips thread starter macrumors member

I meant wouldn't.

And so the picking goes on!:(

19. brightlights macrumors regular

20. DJ88 macrumors regular

Maybe because your posts sound like they were made by a 10 year old?

No one was expecting the software update to fix the signal issue. You were helping no one by letting us know it doesn't.

21. matthewhotdude macrumors regular

Well it works sort of for me, I'm now reduced to 1 or 2 bars instead of no signal at all