iPhone 4 Cracked Screen - UK - Apple Free Replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikayy, Jun 15, 2011.

1. mikayy macrumors newbie

Ok so i dropped my iphone off table onto a wooden floor the other day and the glass smashed, my iphone 4 bumper that i got from apple is falling to pieces at the bottom near the charging port,

I have seen that quite alot of people have had their iPhone 4's exchanged for free in the USA when taking their broken screened iPhone 4 to the genius bar.

I was wondering if anyone had been to the genius bar in the UK and had theirs replaced for free?

Also is the bumper covered by warranty? i feel that if the bumper hadn't broken at the bottom my phone would still be in one piece as there is actually a piece of glass missing where the bumper has broken :(

Thanks

Michael

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The Apple warranty covers manufacturing defects and is not an insurance policy against accidental damage.

You might be lucky and get a sympathetic Genius who will give you a free replacement but be prepared to pay for the repair because it isn't Apple's fault you dropped it.

3. mikayy thread starter macrumors newbie

yea i know that im just wondering if anyone in the UK got a free one as there is lots of people in the USA got them.

4. Craigst macrumors newbie

Only insurance will replace it for £100 , trust me I broke mine twice , £35 on eBay for new screen , fit it urself take 30min , just carefull with screws