iPhone 4 Cracked Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IxD3ViiLx, Jun 24, 2011.

1. IxD3ViiLx macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have recently had the misfortune to crack my iPhone 4 screen.

I have heard various rumours such as

"Take it to an apple store and if you are still under warranty and haven't broken your screen before they will replace it for you 1 time for free."

- Is this true? - If it is, what are the best techniques and social engineering to make make sure you get the new replacement (What are the best excuses)

If not, can some one please explain the cost and were I would have to go to get apple to repair my screen within warranty?

Thanks.

2. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

It is true for some, go in to the store and ask. Don't call.

$200 for out of warranty replacement.

3. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Edit. Dp.

4. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I had a small scratch on my iPhone 4 and had it replaced for free under warranty today. I went in to store and asked how much it would cost to have it repaired and was offered a replacement free of charge.

5. Collin789 macrumors regular

Collin789

I'm not sure if they are required to replace it for free once BUT I have had mine replaced for free because of a cracked screen.
    As far as what to tell them, just be honest and tell them what happened. For whatever reason they decide not to replace it, don't pay anything yet. Go back a few days later and try again...hopefully you will have a different person to speak with.

6. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

It worked for me. And they said very clearly it was a one time thing for me.

7. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

Yeah they made a point if telling me that too.