iPhone 4 Cracked Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eric Noa, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Eric Noa macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Hey guys last night I dropped my phone and since my bumper its kinda mess up in one corner and it has lost the rubber that goes around the border when the phone hit the ground it hit the glass instead of the rubber and it cracked. What options do I have to fix this?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You can go to eBay and find parts, do it yourself. Go to Apple and see if they'll swap it for you (by telling them the truth) or ask if you can get a replacement for a couple hundred, or live with it.

3. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

4. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

if you are brave, ifixit.com sells the front face and it's well documented. However, u can probably get a replacement from Apple for just a little but more.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Id try apple first.
    If you get lucky they might replace it for free. If not they will charge you $200.

7. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

The thing is the I have my phone jailbroken/unlock with T-mobile I don't know if they would even look at it....

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

A simple restore will take care of that, brah.

9. truciet macrumors 6502

the main concern is unlock. if you're software unlocked using ultrasnow, you'll lose it by restoring it and if you get a replacement, the replacement will be running 4.3.3.

if you're gevey sim unlocked, just restore and get a new replacement if they will.

otherwise, if you want to keep your software unlock, you'll have to replace the screen yourself :(

10. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If you're unlocked on 1.59.00 baseband then don't take it to Apple, do the repair yourself. If you used Gevey, then make sure to take your T-Mobile SIM out and re-insert the regular SIM tray.

Restore with iTunes to get rid of the jailbreak.

Still, I'd recommend you do it yourself. You can get OEM parts from ifixit or you can buy cheaper from Asia.

11. CC424 macrumors regular

Take it to Apple! Had 2 phones with cracked glass replaced for free... Be honest tho..

12. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

What I said here its truly what happen :) I checked my warranty and it says it expire so I don't think they will replace it for free.

13. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Yes Im unlocked on 1.59.00 on ultrasn0w.

14. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

15. Govern1 macrumors newbie

You can try iresq.com

Their parts are not OEM like ifixit, but they are of very high quality and a bit cheaper.

16. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I normally wouldn't trust anyone who has "iPhone 4G" in their product name but on the other hand I've bought some really shady screens from Asia and they've still been "retina". I don't think it's even possible to put one in with a lower pixel per inch ratio.

17. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Thank you

18. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

After almost 3 months I finally decided to swap out my screen since the iPhone 5 never came out. I just ran into a small problem after taking everything apart and putting it back together my camera doesn't work. When I open the camera app it just stays with the shutter closed and it stays like that. Nor the front or back cameras work. I disconnected the camera and connected it again to see if it was loose but nothing. Any ideas on how to fix this?

19. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Bump

20. midnightfalcon macrumors member

either the front or rear camera is broken or something is wrong with the logic board.

21. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

I can use FaceTime so the front camera works but when I open the camera app it doesn't let me switch between cameras

22. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

anyone? I've read that this has happen the a lot of people when they replace their screens but I haven't found a solution

23. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

ubreakifix.com has good prices. They are local to Orlando, so I have been to their shop and they are legitimate. They fixed my fiancé's phone after he dropped it in the toilet. I can't remember the price for a broken screen but I think it is like $100.

24. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

I already fixed my screen.... the problem now is the camera isn't working