iPhone 4, crackling in music when using dock out, anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by essential, Jun 30, 2010.

1. essential macrumors regular

I have a Pioneer head unit in my car with a front USB, and it came with a nice short USB cord which works well in a car.

Well, I have my iPhone 4, synced it (which took the same music that was on my 3G). Now, while driving, I hear crackling in the music. It's not constant, but it's there randomly, and it wasn't using my 3G.

Nothing changed but the phone. Could this be an iPhone issue, or possibly the USB cord Pioneer gave me with the head unit doesn't work as well with the iPhone 4, did something in the dock change?

2. rjcnkc macrumors newbie

Same problem

I thought I was going crazy. I thought it was because I redone my iTunes library with all AAC format. I to have a Pioneer deck(p6200BT), use my iPhone cable and getthe crackling when I am listening to music. Never had the problem with my 3Gs. I was gonna have them switch my unit out under warranty at Best Buy, but I guess that probably won't make a difference. So it must be the damn phone. So not sure what else to do. What are you thinking of doing? When I use the Aux cable it doesn't have the problem. But the whole reason I purchased this unit is because it syncs with my phone. Bummer!

3. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

I was listening to Pandora with headphones this afternoon and noticed some crackiling also. IT could well be something on Pandoras end. I will have to do some more listening. I also have a Dicelink in my car so I will try that while sitting still and see what happens.

4. essential thread starter macrumors regular

I don't know what to do, I think i'm going to wait to iOS 4.1, or whatever next major update it, and if it doesn't resolve the issue I might exchange the phone. I listen to music too much to "live with" the issue.

5. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

Same problem here with a Pioneer head unit (P3200BT), also my iPhone 4 just blanks out for a second when I change to a different playlist.... (My music is copied with the lossless format)

6. Encryptic macrumors member

I've been experiencing this as well when I play Audible books via the iPod. I've seen this when I've been connected via Bluetooth and USB to the Sync system in my car.

7. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I use mine in the car all the time and haven't heard any crackling so far.

8. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

I've had this problem as well, it typically catches me off guard. When I plug the phone into the computer USB I get the cracking over my pc speakers for a split second. Very annoying.

9. RRmalvado macrumors 6502

I have an Alpine head unit (CDA-117) and connect my iPhone using the USB cord. I noticed the crackling today as I drove home from work.

My 3GS never had that problem so i'm thinking its an incompatibility with the iPhone 4... come to think of it I can safely say that it started happening after updating to iOS 4.0.1.

Those experiencing the crackling, what iOS version are you on?