iPhone 4 Crash While Updating to 4.0.2. PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chaseardoin7, Sep 5, 2010.

1. chaseardoin7 macrumors regular

chaseardoin7

Trying to update my iPhone 4 to 4.0.2. Everything has worked fine with it. NOT jailbroken or anything. Using iTunes 10.

Downloaded 4.0.2 fine from iTunes
    While trying to update, said it stop for unexpected reasons
    Went into recovery mode
    Trying to restore to default, but everytime it stops in the middle and says that it can not be restored.

Any suggestions MUCH appreciated.

Have a reservation at Genius Bar tomorrow in case that's only option.

Thanks!

2. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Try putting your iPhone into DFU mode and try to restore through iTunes then. Here's a guide if you don't know how to do it Link

3. chaseardoin7 thread starter macrumors regular

chaseardoin7

tried in DFU mode. "The iPhone 'iPhone' could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (9)."

4. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Ok have you tried using another USB cable and another USB port? I know it may sound a bit simple but I've had this issue before and trying another cable or port has fixed it.

Edit: Oh and make sure your phone is connected to a USB 2.0 port and not a 1.1 port

5. chaseardoin7 thread starter macrumors regular

chaseardoin7

okay, after multiple tries, it has finally restored to my backup from later today and is now running 4.0.1. Is there any way to find the file for 4.0.2 in iTunes and delete it and download it again just in case it is corrupt, before i try to update again?

6. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Good to hear and yes there is a way to do that, are you using a Mac or a Windows PC?

7. chaseardoin7 thread starter macrumors regular

chaseardoin7

using a mac, but nevermind. shows that my iPhone currently is running 4.0.2 in iTunes. something freaky must have happened during the restore. thanks for all your time and help! :)))

8. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

No problem, just glad you managed to get it all sorted :)