iPhone 4 crashed!!! HELP

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gravytrain84, Oct 16, 2010.

1. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

This morning my phone will not turn on, will not reset. does not even give me a charge when I plug it in.... It is JB with LR, have there been any reports of this? I just pulled it out of my bag at work and it is warm to touch.. :confused: Will I be able to restore when I get home and if NO, will apple be able to tell its JB if I make a trip to the apple store? This sucks, I leave for mexico in 2 days!:mad:

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Make sure it's plugged into the wall charger for 30 minutes. After that, see if you can put it into DFU mode (google, if you don't know how).

3. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Will I have to use TU to kick it out of DFU mode?

4. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

dude i think i had the same problem as you... i got to work to checked my phone for any texts; it would not turn on at all. fast forward to a couple of hours later, i go home and plug it into my macbook. nothing happens then i hold power and home bottom. viola the apple logo comes up and everything is back to normal. NO IDEA why this happened. (did not have JB'd iphone at this time)

5. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

I'm pretty concerned right now, I have my fiance bringing my macbook to work so I can try to restore... was your phone a little warm while it was frozen?

6. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

no. for some odd reason it was like totally off. i threw my phone on my bed (gently of course). then when i got to work i noticed that it was not turning on. i tried holding the power button for like 30 secs when i was on break and nothing happened. not sure what happened to it >_>. just glad i got it to work though.

7. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Yeah mine has no display at all.... sucks! Gonna be a long 12 hr shift without a phone and no checking football scores...

8. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Anyone else have this issue? Is this a hardware problem? Is it related to Jb??

9. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Anyone?? I called apple care and they could not troubleshoot the problem, my macbook does not even recoznize my phone.... Is there a way to restore this damn thing before I go to the apple store tomorrow??

10. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

It's only happened to me when I've had a JB phone.
    TU or recboot have mechanisms to kick your phone out of DFU.
    I usually charge my phone for 30 minutes first. While it's still plugged into the wall charger, I then alternate between holding the power button and the power/home combo--each for about 30secs.
    However, I did have an incident where nothing I did worked. Inexplicably, it started five hours later after I had held the power button.