iPhone 4 creaking seam

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sslanchi, Jul 29, 2010.

1. sslanchi macrumors regular

sslanchi

So all of a sudden, any time I touch the bottom right side of my phone I can hear and feel some creaking.

Feels like the very beginning of something separating. Can't tell if it's the front or back panel.

Anyone else had a similar issue?

2. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

3. calvy macrumors 65816

my first iphone had a similar problem. it made a slight clicking noise when i put my finger on the back part. I took it in and the genius popped the back off and taped something down...it helped for a little while then came back. I shattered the phone not long after and had it replaced, the new one doesn't do it.

4. jrcta1 macrumors newbie

affirmative

So I have had the same thing. Will they swap out the phone? Or was it just because you also broke it that they replaced your phone (if I read that correctly)...

5. sslanchi thread starter macrumors regular

sslanchi

I didnt break it, or even drop it. It does it on its own. I believe its from overheating.

Took it back and got a new one with no problems at all.

Today, replacement iPhone begins creaking., Much worse than original.

6. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Take it back until you get one that doesn't do that.

7. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

can you post a video of this ?

i find it hard you have two phones with symptoms that no one else is having :confused:

8. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

if you're talking about the clicking noise that comes when you put pressure on the back plate near the micro-sim slot i have that problem as well

i got to the apple store and the genius said he'd seen lots of them and it's not much to worry about, definitely doesn't warrant giving me a new phone he said.

kinda choked but i noticed after i put on my bumper it went away.. but when i take it off it comes back

i know it's hard but just stop pressuring the back panel and you'll forget about it, or if you're lucky enough get the genius to give you a new one ;)

9. Damo516 macrumors newbie

Nope, feels nice and solid and no creaking noises...

10. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I don't think it should be creaking at all, but it should be a huge problem. My old 3GS creaked a bit when I squeezed it and nothing ever happened to it. Then again, I never dropped it. Hard to say. If you can convince a genius to replace it because you're afraid of the structural integrity if it's dropped, then all the better. Otherwise wouldn't worry too much about it.

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you can, make a appointment with Apple and show it to a genus,, they will let you know if there is a problem. but no creek in my phone.