iPhone 4 - Current iOS Messaging Q's

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DeepIn2U, Dec 27, 2010.

1. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions, as I'm contemplating a third try again over to the iPhone. Now bear in mind I'm a die-hard BB users (both supporting and using with regards to messaging). The reason I'm contemplating is that music & composition are a big part of my life (the latter I'm a newb) - winter months will be a challenge.

I'm aware from the 2mths I owned a 16GB IP4 that GMAIL Exchange service was free and worked VERY well. I'm hoping these questions can be done:

* Yahoo - does this have an Exchange setup like Google Gmail has, and is it free?
    * Can I FLAG emails for follow-up to be read later, and filter these?
    * Can I add reminders to these Flagged emails - to the built-in Alarm for later reminding me? Sure I can use Tasks in iCal - but that means data entry off the device which is really counter intuitive to how I think (Palm user before BB's) and work.

Just simple questions but this is something I use daily, even on weekends, so to me its critical beyond the plethora of Apps: I only use 6 on my BB really.

Anyhelp would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. DeepIn2U thread starter macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

3. draz macrumors 6502a

Yahoo does not offer Exchange support for the iPhone yet.

Also Blackberry's are still superior to the iPhone when it comes to Mail so the features you want are not currently supported. Apple doesn't seem to be in much of a hurry to get into the corporate side of things and just keeping with consumers...