iphone 4 custom carrier logo

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by groovs, Dec 15, 2010.

1. groovs macrumors member

Hi,

i have been trying to get my customer carrier logos to work ...but i am failing badly and seek your help .

CAn some one guide me step by step as how to do this thing ? this is turning out to be very confusing ,

i am using iphone 4 in an unsupported country with an unsupported network ...

how do i go about it ??? i have the 2 image files for logos ready . where do i go from here ??

awaitign your response ...:(:confused:

2. groovs thread starter macrumors member

3. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

4. palmerc2, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010

palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

people can be so dumb, "just google it" then whats the point of having these forums????

I was in the same position as you too and I sort of had to take info from one website to another, from one thread to another and here is what I do....

take 2 .png files and name them: Default_CARRIER_ATT@2x.png and FSO_CARRIER_ATT@2x.png

Note: "FSO" will be on lockscreen / homescreen, and "Default" will be in applications such as Safari, Maps, App Store, etc.

SSH your phone, place them in system/library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle (assuming you are in the US, if you aren't....choose your proper carrier / country)

respring iPhone

done!

5. groovs thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your help mate .... the process you explained is spot on . but 1 question ... i cannot see my country / carrier in the list as my country / carrier is not supported by Apple iPhone ... what should i do in that regard ??

I tried changing the 2 .png files in the unknown.bundle but that is not seem to be doing anything .... there is where i am lost at the moment ....

6. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

that's way out of my league....I frankly have NO clue, I am not familiar at all with unlocking. I have only dabbled a little bit with jailbreaking, thats just about as far as it goes

maybe theres a way to trick the iPhone into believing you are on a certain carrier in the country you're in....i really have no clue....maybe try dropping those .png files in the same country .bundle you're in?

7. Kev3716 macrumors newbie

Carrier logo for h2o?

i made logos, i just dont know where to install them too, the default logo just says "GSM". if someone can tell me where to install the files, il be more than happy :) :) :)