iPhone 4 Custom Ringtones don't 'stick'

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jmpage2, Aug 5, 2010.

1. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

I've observed something since migrating off of my iPhone 3GS with iOS 4 onto my iPhone 4. I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing the same problem.

Any custom ringtones I assign to contacts on my iPhone seem to be forgotten upon the next sync of the device with iTunes. The ringtone just switches back to default.

Anyone else seeing this? Under the contacts section of my iPhone it says that it's syncing over the air with MS Exchange (which is correct) but it is not syncing locally with my Mac.

Is this expected behavior? Any way to workaround or fix it?

2. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

Years later and now on an iP5 with iOS6 and this still drives me crazy. Any ideas on how to keep Exchange from blasting custom ringtone entries out of contacts?

3. billyboyd macrumors newbie

I too have this problem iphone 5, latest IOS - friggen custom ringtones disappear once every couple of days when I edit or add a contact in my address book via outlook or something is auto added from active directory. Super annoying because I rely on those custom tones to disable audible alerts from a select number of individuals who love to group text from the other side of the country at 3am... :mad: