Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RWil85

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
I currently have a Blackberry Bold 9650..have been looking for a while to switch over to the iPhone..

1. have any others made a similar switch? feedback?

and..

2. those with iPhones..what data plan is most common? is 2GB enough or would i need to go unlimited?

any feedback provided on this topic would be greatly appreciated..thanks!

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
I currently have a Blackberry Bold 9650..have been looking for a while to switch over to the iPhone..

1. have any others made a similar switch? feedback?

and..

2. those with iPhones..what data plan is most common? is 2GB enough or would i need to go unlimited?

any feedback provided on this topic would be greatly appreciated..thanks!

Bold with who? AT&T? You might still be able to get unlimited data. I could be wrong.

But 2 GB is definitely small for me. I use over 1 GB a month but I kept my unlimited.

dark55

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2010
How do you use your phone's data? Do you stream a lot of music through Pandora or watch streaming videos? Do you have Wi-Fi at your house, or other places you'll frequently be at?

jephersun

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2008
Daly City, CA
I lost my Bold 9700 in Seattle about a month ago and att charges 125 for a replacement, so I settled for an iphone (made the switch 2 weeks ago).

I don't have wifi at my place, so I use a lot of data. I hit 1GB a week after I received my phone (lots of app downloading). I then searched on the forums on how to receive unlimited data and thats what I did.

I think what I miss the most about my blackberry is that all my friends have blackberries and we all bbm eachother. I also kind of miss physical buttons. Other than that, the phone is sweet!

RWil85

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
Bold with who? AT&T? You might still be able to get unlimited data. I could be wrong.

But 2 GB is definitely small for me. I use over 1 GB a month but I kept my unlimited.

Sorry, my bold is with verizon..

I lost my Bold 9700 in Seattle about a month ago and att charges 125 for a replacement, so I settled for an iphone (made the switch 2 weeks ago).

I don't have wifi at my place, so I use a lot of data. I hit 1GB a week after I received my phone (lots of app downloading). I then searched on the forums on how to receive unlimited data and thats what I did.

I think what I miss the most about my blackberry is that all my friends have blackberries and we all bbm eachother. I also kind of miss physical buttons. Other than that, the phone is sweet!

i do have wifi at my place..which is nice for either my bold which has it or any iphone i could acquire, im sure..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.