Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mst90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
Hey guys,
i'm in Montana and we just got 3G Service about 2 days ago, but my iPhone 4 mostly still uses the Cellular One partner Roaming network (EDGE), is there any way to choose the 3G Service or deactivate 2G?!

mst90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
No, you cannot turn off Edge on an i4.
Why dont you just disable data roaming?
That will do the trick and only let you use AT&T's network.

Data Roaming is already deactivated...the iPhone seems to use the National Partner Network like the original AT&T network..

I don't know how i could fix that..

and yeah btw...my iPhone 4 is JB'ken so i have access to Cydia.

neko girl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2011
Data Roaming is already deactivated...the iPhone seems to use the National Partner Network like the original AT&T network..

If you have SBSettings installed, use the Data toggle. The Data toggle is installed automatically with SBSettings. SBSettings is free.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

You're sure there is 3G available in your area?
If there is 3G the iphone will connect to AT&T's 3G service rather than staying at a partners 2G network. Unless the 3G signal is very low then it will switch to Edge.
Unfortunately with the i4 2G and GPRS cannot be turned off even on a JB i4.
I'd call up AT&T to verify there is 3G now and what you need to do to get on it. Maybe they got more info and details.

If you have SBSettings installed, use the Data toggle. The Data toggle is installed automatically with SBSettings. SBSettings is free.

The data toggle will just disable/enable Cellular data.
It has nothing to do with deactivating Edge.

mst90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
You're sure there is 3G available in your area?
If there is 3G the iphone will connect to AT&T's 3G service rather than staying at a partners 2G network. Unless the 3G signal is very low then it will switch to Edge.
Unfortunately with the i4 2G and GPRS cannot be turned off even on a JB i4.
I'd call up AT&T to verify there is 3G now and what you need to do to get on it. Maybe they got more info and details.

We just got 3G about 2 days ago and AT&T is still working on the service, the signal is still not really good but its's faster than EDGE and i think they didn't deactivate partner Roaming yet.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
We just got 3G about 2 days ago and AT&T is still working on the service, the signal is still not really good but its's faster than EDGE and i think they didn't deactivate partner Roaming yet.

I see, that makes sense then.
They probably gotta still work on finalizing it, give them a ring and maybe they got more info with dates and areas it will cover.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.