iPhone 4 Dead Already

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Willie5566, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Willie5566 macrumors regular

Yep, that's right. My new phone is dead or so I think it is. I used it all day today. I got home and unplugged it from my car stereo and I have not been able to get it to do anything since. Can you say black screen of death? I have plugged it into the wall and also into the computer. Nothing. Any thoughts?

I already made an appointment with the Apple Store for tomorrow but I thought I would ask around and see if there is something that I could do myself.

2. diabolic macrumors 68000

Try holding the wake button and home button down together for 30 seconds while it's plugged in and see if anything happens.

3. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

^+1

4. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

5. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Did you drain the battery down past it's reserve ussage? Sometimes the phone must charge for a bit before it can be powered back up.

6. Willie5566 thread starter macrumors regular

You are the man!!! Now the question is why? In over a year with the 3g I never had to do this. Now in a little over a week, I am already needing to do it. Is this cause for concern?

7. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

Did you restore your ip4 from your 3g? if so it's probably just a weird software bug from that.

8. diabolic macrumors 68000

Glad it worked. I only had that happen once with my 3GS. Completely unresponsive until I did that. It didn't happen again. I think it's something random. Hopefully it won't show up again for you.

9. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

I've had to do that multiple times with my 3GS

10. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

11. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Sometimes if you have some or many apps open at the same time it simply halts or hangs like any processor that uses memory.
    I had experience that with all iPhone versions.
    I tend to browse 8 websites at the same time and also listen to music, and now with the iOS 4, it's better.
    Remember it is the first version what we are using now, bugs are typical.