iPhone 4 - Dead?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GoldMan, Jan 30, 2011.

1. GoldMan macrumors member

GoldMan

Hi - I've tried several ways to restore or upgrade my iphone 4 but its just stuck.

When i try to restore it, iTunes gives me error 2009? This happened after i wanted to "erase everything and reset settings" option in the general option

Now its stuck at a blank screen. I've tried the different JB too without luck. This phone was not jailbroken when it happened

Anyone who has a tool or know what to do? I've tried DFU mode Recovery mode but itunes gives me the same error on 3 different computers:confused:

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

It is impossible to brick an iPhone. So you just need to try all the different ways of restoring.

Since you say you were not jailbroken it should of been a matter of just restoring in iTunes after the erase.

Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed.

First hold the home and sleep/wake buttons until the screen fades and then the Apple logo comes up

If that doesn't work try putting it into DFU mode again while it is plugged into iTunes.

If it still isn't working after following these steps let me know and I'll try and help you.

3. GoldMan thread starter macrumors member

GoldMan

I have tried different ways also all the tools on the internet but it just get stuck (redsn0w, limera1n, tetherboot, umbrella, greenpois0n)

All of this i have tried in DFU mode AND recovery mode without luck

Either i get a White screen or an apple logo (with the circle loading bar)

4. walterwhite macrumors 6502

walterwhite

It's an iPhone 4 so is still under warranty... just have it swapped at the Apple Store.

5. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Holmes093

What versions of iTunes are you using?
    Tried a different USB Port?

6. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

You're not getting into recovery then, it should show you the connect to iTunes screen. Let me see if I can google you a thread. Some times you have to try it four or five times to get it there.

7. GoldMan, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

GoldMan thread starter macrumors member

GoldMan

walterwhite --> We dont have apple stores in Denmark/Sweden - but the local carriers, which isnt helpfull. I will try to fix it by myself instead of sending it in and be dismissed

Holmes093 --> iTunes 10 (i have also tried earlier versions of itunes 10 but i am using the latest)

Redsn0w get stuck at "activating"

8. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

If you're not jail broken why are you trying to use redsnow? Hold the power and home button for 10-15 seconds then let go of the power button while still holding the home button. Sometimes it takes you holing it all down for 20 seconds or more. Connect it to the computer while still holding the home button. If your getting the apple logo with the spinning wheel you're not getting it into dfu.

9. GoldMan thread starter macrumors member

GoldMan

BHP41 - IT was some advice from 2007 you have linked to that didnt work :) I can surely get into DFU mode (Black screen) itunes recognize it and ask for restore. I say yes to restore but it goes to white screen and itunes gives me 2009 error

I can also get in recovery mode (with the itunes logo) and it goes white again

Redsn0w gets stuck at "activating"

10. Zcott macrumors 68020

Sure you're restoring the correct firmware? An iPhone 4 won't accept any 3GS firmware and so on.

11. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Well that's no good. Not sure where to go from there. I'll try to find something that will help you out. I have some things to do today but I'll post back if I find something.

12. GoldMan thread starter macrumors member

GoldMan

yes i am sure... I have tried from iclarified and felixburns

Itunes just gives me 2009 error that i dont understand. I have tried from 3 different computers now

13. GoldMan thread starter macrumors member

GoldMan

I've already made a "quick" search on apple and tried ALL of their fix suggestions without resolving my issue

I think i only can fix this by login to my iphone in dfu mode and extract my ipsw in that way

14. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

You might be right. I haven't come up with anything useful for error 2009. Yet

15. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

You'd think by now in modern OS's there'd be fully informative error messages using plain English (or whatever is the appropriate language) rather than bloody inscrutable numbers....

EDIT: In any case this sounds like a USB problem - perhaps try a different syncing cable?

16. GoldMan thread starter macrumors member

GoldMan

Still wondering why redsn0w get stuck on "Activating"
    What it this proccess "activating"?

17. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

It isn't worth using redsn0w unless you are a jailbreaker.

18. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman