iPhone 4 dead?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by reebzor, Feb 17, 2011.

1. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

So I've had my iPhone since a little after launch. It has been perfect, never an issue. This morning when I woke up I went to check my e-mail, like I do every morning. Checked my E-mail and put the phone in my pocket. Literally 5 seconds after I locked it and put it in my pocket I pulled it out because I wanted to check the weather. I pressed the home button- nothing happened. I pressed the lock/power button- nothing. I flipped the vibrate switch- no vibrate, nothing. I held in the power button- would not turn on. I plugged a charger in- the phone did nothing.

I guess it's dead, is there anything I could try? Why would the phone die just after putting it in my pocket?

2. patp Guest

Press and hold the sleep wake button for several seconds. The phone should reboot. If not, plug it into iTunes and see if the computer recognizes it as an iPhone.

Search the forums for restoring and or DFU mode.

3. sorepheet macrumors member

sorepheet

Dfu?

Have you tried plugging it into your computer?
    DFU
    If nothing happens, while still plugged into your computer; try holding down power button for 8-10 seconds, then (while still holding power) press and hold Home button. After 3-5 secs, release power while still holding Home button. Wait as long as 20 seconds.
    I'm guessing if you can successfully enter DFU mode your computer will recognize it and you can just restore.

4. reebzor thread starter macrumors 6502a

reebzor

I did a hard reset and now everything works fine.

Help power button and home button for 15seconds

5. sazza85 macrumors member

I know someone who was having this issue quite reguarly, to the point it started happening daily, even when battery was on 88%. Apple changed the phone and it was working fine for months then it happened again, touch wood it's only happened the once but a few weeks ago when I was in apple I bought it up in conversation and apparently there is a known fault...
    just keep an eye on it, if it starts happening frequently go to apple but it could just be a one off :)