iPhone 4 dent Front Frame

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by prozz, Sep 14, 2010.

1. prozz macrumors newbie

Hi,

Today i was playing with my phone an i accidentally dropped it, it just has a small dent on the top right on the Front frame. It hasn't dented the Bezel which is lucky for me. If i call apple care do you think they would replace it because i also have proximity sensor issues.

2. threezero macrumors 6502

No. Because Apple have employees monitoring these boards because most people often find the need to consult an online forum before attempting fraud. If you call in now, they will be able to backtrace your ip to your location. Know that its you. Mostly likey they will simply void you warranty and your applecare. Worst case scenerio they will forward your information to internet fraud investigation agency and they will sent cyberpolice to go and arrest you.

3. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

Look into the light *Flash*

You were not here, you just came back from a holiday in spain now you will go get food then sleep.

you did not see anything to do with cyber police, warranty or aliens.

4. BUFFBOY macrumors regular

apple store staff is really dumb... just take it in and say you not happy with the death grip etc. money back and get a new one. dont do exchange.

5. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

How can you call the Apple store staff dumb when you said it like this...

"Apple store staff is really dumb"

-_-

and "take it in and say you not happy"

6. Godzirra macrumors 6502

Somewhere on Salisbury plain, and Apple, UK
    Just be honest with the Apple representative, if the dent is small enough, it'll be fine, if it's big, you might have a problem.

The first thing they check for is physical damage to the unit, before any repair is processed. If there is a dent on the unit, they might say that the drop has caused the problem/s that you're experiencing. And don't forget that the Apple employees are human as well, and know that these things get knocked and dropped as that's part of owning them, accidents happen.

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

So who dropped and dented your phone? Just unclear why Apple should be responsible for replacing the phone. If you really had proximity issues, why wait until after you damaged the phone before addressing the issue?

8. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Just take it in to Apple. They are the only ones who can tell you whether or not they will replace it. ;)

9. Trat macrumors regular

No, you stuppid prosumer turds. You guys really think this type of trade in service is gonna be around for more than a couple of years? Seriously, you Yanks can just walk in and bring in a phone like that and get your money back and then walk out with a new one? And you wonder why these products and the coupled services are premium priced like they are? I understand it now and I'm not payong $99 a month and $199 for the device. Oh, and when I drop it I won't be bother by it like a OCD child...