Iphone 4 DFU mode firmware

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by skillz2, Dec 5, 2011.

1. skillz2 macrumors newbie

Hello guys, I have a problem with my iphone 4, it has been stuck on the apple logo. I want to know how you can get the firmware if your in stuck on the apple logo. Once I know the firmware I can restore it on that firmware. I've tried 4.3 firmware, 4.2.1 firmware to restore on but an error 3194 comes up. Would appreciate any help.:)

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

You need the shsh blobs for any firmware other then 5.0.1 you can chech via tinyumbrella. Dfu and all tutorials are on Iclarified site.

3. skillz2 thread starter macrumors newbie

I used tiny umberella, it didn't give me error 3194 this time, but it gave me error 1604..

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

What firmwares do you have blobs for according to tiny umbrella? Because those are the only ones you can restore to. Google directions on using tiny umbrella properly and on error 1604.

5. skillz2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Im going to use Ireb to get rid of error for 1604. Hope it works. Do any of you guys know how to get your firmware version if your stuck in DFU mode though??

6. skillz2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Even got past the 1604, Now I get an error Iphone cannot be restored..?!!?!?

7. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I think you're getting confused. If you're getting error 1604 I think that's related to custom firmware versions. If I were you, I would just DFU restore to a clean version of whatever iOS before iOS 5 that you have blobs for using the TinyUmbrella guides all over the internet for the iOS version you want to use.

8. skillz2 thread starter macrumors newbie

I do not have blobs. And plus I'm getting this error right now, "The iphone "iphone" could not be restored, An unknown error occured (3004)".

----------

I would go to IOS 5.0 but I cannot unlock it then.

----------

Also, I do not know what my iphone's firmware was. If anyone knows how to figure the firmware out if your stuck in recovery mode, tell me. THANKS

9. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

No blobs = no downgrade. Sorry.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

Again if you don't have shsh blobs for any firmware you can not upgrade or downgrade to any firmware that is not being signed witch leaves you with 4.1 that Apple is still signing for some odd reason and 5.0.1 that's it! you can also try to use Ifaith to get 4.2.1 that you were on. however 4.1 or 5.0.1 are you only for sure options..

Also the stickeys at the top will help you understand..

11. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

No blobs for that firmware = No downgrade to that firmware (unless old bootrom 3GS or older). You can save blobs for your current installed firmware using iFaith.

Then stay where ever you are. Or preserve baseband and upgrade to 5.0.1, and then use GeveySIM for your old baseband on 5.X.X (rumored to work). And you can't upgrade to 5.0.0 as it's no longer being signed.

If you're in recovery mode than you have no firmware installed. What firmware you were on prior isn't going to help you. You need to run Tiny Umbrella to determine which blobs were, if ever, saved for that device in question.

12. skillz2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Should I do the itunes Restore? It will update to the lastest ios, but i cannot unlock my iphone then (I've heard doesn't work with IOS 5 and up).

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

somebody else can maybe help you with this one I honestly don't have the patience.

14. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

What you are asking is not unique. GOOGLE and READ the many things and articles that are here. If you are so concerned with your situation than perhaps it's better that you just stay put.

15. skillz2 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried for 2 days to make it work. I got through 3194 error, 1604 error, now its Iphone cannot be restored (1). Nothing is working after that.

16. skillz2 thread starter macrumors newbie

17. labman macrumors 604

labman

we have tried to tell you stuff but you chose not to listen. Maybe we already said stuff that would help you.

18. skillz2 thread starter macrumors newbie

How do you actitivate an Iphone without a sim card?!

19. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Precisely.

By asking every and each little question, while NOT trying ANY of the advice provided, you are turning others away from wanting to be helpful.

20. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

You can't.

21. skillz2 thread starter macrumors newbie

22. skillz2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry guys, I was just very confused and tried too many things at once.

23. skillz2 thread starter macrumors newbie

So you can't fix a iphone 4 in activation mode?!

24. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

With the older firmware, the answer is yes. With latest firmware, you can't.

25. skillz2 thread starter macrumors newbie

The thing is, I don't know what my phone's firmware is..