iPhone 4 died while plugged into MacBook, but still charged

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rbanek, Nov 3, 2011.

1. rbanek macrumors newbie

Yesterday morning I woke up late for work due to the fact that my alarm on my iPhone never went off. When I looked at the iPhone, it was off. I had the iPhone plugged into my MacBook in the normal usb port, and the MacBook was plugged into the wall with it's normal charger. The iPhone isn't jail broken or anything and I am running the new update. The MacBook was closed and when I plugged the iPhone into the MacBook, there was around 10% left. I did not notice if the battery was charging when I plugged it in before going to bed. I was, however, able to turn the iPhone on in the morning (while freaking out because I was 30 minutes late) and the iPhone was completely charged and was able to turn on with no problem. How does an iPhone die when plugged in, but charges once it's dead?! I'm now on a 2 week suspension.... someone please help.

Rob

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

It's possible that it just crashed. Mine has done that a couple of times since updating to iOS 5.