Iphone 4 dies at 8% battery level

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nate607X, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Nate607X macrumors newbie

Hey all, my iphone 4 dies while there is 8% charge left. I also noticed it charges normally till 93% then jumps directly too 100%(with plug symbol) i have tried doing a complete charge cycle (discharging till phone turns itself off and then charging till 100% with interuption), tried restoring as new also but non difference. I am not under warranty anymore. All this started happening since i got my battery replaced few days ago. Is there any way to try solving it or is it a faulty battery? I have read on few other forums that the battery will be alright after few charges. Im running in ios 6.1.3.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

My 4s does pretty much the same gets to 10% and turns off. Did it on iOS 6 and 7 have calibrated the battery with no resolution. Had phone looked at by apple and was told my phone has double the cycles the battery was intended for and they recommended a new battery.

3. Nate607X thread starter macrumors newbie

But as i mentioned earlier, my battery had been replaced few days ago. Its new.

4. Nate607X thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Did u get a genuine Apple replacement battery or a third party? U may find a third party may not be as "exact" as u would like.

Any who, do a couple of calibration cycles: Charge it to 100% the use it, WITHOUT further charging until it dies, then repeat once more. Hopefully that does it.

6. aneftp macrumors 68040

My iPhone 5 battery dies anywhere between 15%-1%.

It's pretty scary. There is no rhyme or reason.

I took it to apple store 2 times already. It's harder and harder to get the reps to replace the battery even under warranty. The reps say the battery is fine etc. I get anywhere between 3.5 hours and 5 hours of real time usage which isn't great with 8-10 hours total time

I show them the log data. I already resetted it. Restore it. Drained it. U name if.

Once the low battery warning comes at 20% I don't know if I got 1 min left or 2 hours left of usage.

7. Nate607X thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright i'll keep u ppl updated after trying calibration process few times and no it wasnt replaced by apple but from a 3rd party store which i have trusted for years as i always go to them for any problems in electronics i have and i didnt have any problems till now and the store is known for selling genuine parts