iPhone 4 display damaged ( photos)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by serge85, Mar 9, 2013.

1. serge85 macrumors newbie

Hello guys, I'm new around here, I've just registered and I hope someone can help me or point me to the right dirrection.

I've had an iPhone4 for about 2 years, no problems (home button excluded), but Today, In the morning, while I was using my phone, the screen began to become dark (slowly) until it was all black with some colors, after a few minutes everything came back to normality (well, the screen shaked a little bit for a few seconds).

However, a few minutes ago the same problem happened again, (screen slowly became black) only this time, it appears is permament.

Here are some pics:

[​IMG]
    That's the apple logo:(

[​IMG]

The phone still works (sounds, calls) so I'm guessing is the display, could it be some connector that went loose?

Thanks for your input and help, and excuse me for my poor english (is not my first language)

2. Biljanaa macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a same problem. Have you fixed your iphone, and how?
    thanks!

3. NerdyNardy macrumors newbie

either the cable is loose or you need a new LCD and you cant order a LCD by itself so you need a whole display

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

you should try a restore first to rule out that its a software issue. if it persists, you can then try taking the phone apart to verify the flex cables are properly attached. if they are, then it may be a defective screen. then you can order a screen from somewhere like icracked.com.

5. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

We see this issue over and over.. I always recommend you start troubleshooting by restarting/ restoring the device to rule out any software issues.

From past experience however, this is almost certainly a hardware issue. A new LCD Digitizer assembly will fix this issue and have your phone working like new again!

6. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

You will have to replace the whole display assembly. If you don't want to, try to just remove the screen, and put it back in again.