Iphone 4 do in need ultrasnow unlock before using (sam)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by teadigger, Dec 18, 2010.

1. teadigger macrumors member

Hi iphone 4, firmware 4.0 (8A293) and baseband 01.59.00 on Vodafone, I need to jailbreak first then I want to unlock. But there seems to option ultrasnow or using (SAM) which allows activation on any network. Do I need to install ultrasnow first then use (SAM) as i want to use my current O2 sim. thanks teadigger

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They are 2 different things unrelated.
    Ultrasnow is to unlock and S.A.M. is to activate push notifications.
    I dont think it matter what one you install first but if you dont have a vodafone sim to activate officially go with SAM. If you got any spare even inactive Voda sims activate with that instead of SAM.

3. teadigger thread starter macrumors member

iphone 4 sam/ ultrasnow

I might be in bother then as the phone has a vodafone sim and is saying no service. Could i get any Vodafone sim say PAYG and get it back on the network then go for the unlock.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

yes, any sim (old/new/used/borrowed/canceled/PAYG) of the same network & country as the original iPhone is from should work....

5. teadigger thread starter macrumors member

So out of interest whats gone wrong with the sim in it, so do I have to get back to vodafone signal and do you have to do it via itunes, before I can even think of jailbreaking and unlocking

6. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Myzhi

You put the official carrier sim into the phone, attached the phone to a computer, run iTunes and allow the phone to activated. Afterwards, JB and unlock.

7. teadigger thread starter macrumors member

Thank's everyone for there help, phone has signal back after trimming down a vodafone sim, jailbroken and ultrasnow installed signal still operating, will set about trimming down my 02 sim which seems to be easy enough. All is well with the world, Got me a cheap iphone 4. thanks guys, teadigger

8. teadigger thread starter macrumors member

iphone 4 32gb (JB and SAM) or known sim

Hi have an iphone 4 32gb, which I cannot get out of no service running 4.1(8B117), 02.10.04 MOD on O2.Want to keep 4.1 as unlock my be more likely sooner. Have done a erase of all content & media and waited for a older sim to activate with no luck, do I have to cut and chuck in my O2 3gs sim that I know is active or go down JB route and use Sam (see below) but not sure if it works on iphone 4 yet. Many thanks teadigger

)

9. adityarane macrumors newbie