iPhone 4 Dock and Speakers Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Snowman3459, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

Hi, I'm looking for a dock for the iPhone 4. I was on Apple and I saw the iPhone 4 dock, but people were saying that it does not work with the Bumper. That's kind of a issue because I don't plan on taking off my bumper.

Then I heard about the Universal Dock
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB125G/C?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY#overview

But I'm also guessing that I need to buy the Universal Dock Adapter for the iPhone 4 for my phone to work with this right?
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC598ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDAzOQ&mco=MTgxNjA3OTE

It kind of sucks to buy 2 separate things just to get a dock that works with the iPhone 4 properly.

Another question, are there any iHomes or some sort of speaker system that is compatible with the iPhone 4 at the moment? (Preferably while the Apple Bumper is attached)? I've been looking around but things seem to be pretty vague.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The ip1 from ihome works perfectly with the ip4. Oh you can leave the bumper on with most ihome products.

And yes get a universal dock!

3. Snowman3459 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Will I have to buy the iPhone 4 adapters? I searched the forums a bit and I read that you don't have to have a adapter at all with it but if thats 100% true

4. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

I'm also wanting to know the same, will we need that adapter with the Universal dock for the iP4? It does say that the Universal dock is compatible with the iPhone 4, and doesn't mention the need for the adapter, but need to double check.

5. Fisher624 macrumors regular

I just bought a universal dock and use it with my iP4 naked, sometimes with a bumper and my wife uses it for her 3G, all with out any adapter in it. And we have a pair of computer speaker hooked up to it and use the remote control all the time. 28 bucks, new, on Amazon. It's well worth it.

6. Snowman3459 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is the phone wobbly at all inside the dock? In another thread, someone said that the phone becomes unplugged fairly easily.

7. Fisher624 macrumors regular

No I would not call it wobbly. The 30 pin connector holds it pretty securely. I wouldn't suggest mounting it to a Jeep dash and doing some 4x4ing, but sitting on your desk it is quite secure.

8. MacAndro macrumors newbie

The above comment made me laugh. Good point though.