Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reiggin

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2003
Concord, NC
I'm looking for a horizontal/landscape oriented dock for my iPhone 4. I just want something small and simple to use beside the bed for my alarm clock.

I recently switched from an original Verizon Droid with the "multimedia" dock and I was spoiled by that (honestly the only thing I miss from my Droid).

I have the Mighty Clock app and it's good. But I just need a horizontal style dock to make it truly great.

Suggestions?

And, no, I don't want to fabricate my own. I'm uncoordinated and dangerous with sharp objects.

romeyn

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2009
The suggestions are nice, but not what I'm looking for. I want something like Apple's dock, but sideways. Like the Galileo:

http://www.cultofmac.com/157230/galileo-a-remote-controlled-motorized-iphone-camera-support/

That's nice, but overkill if all you want is a dock. I want something I can leave on my nightstand into which I plug the sync cable and into which I can just slide my phone at night--sideways. No cable to plug in.

Anyone seen anything like THAT?

JasonR

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2008

Ha! Nice find...I love Monoprice. I bought it and didn't even think I needed it. I also bought their white iPhone dock to see if it fits with my case...it's so cheap it was hard not to. Also bought an aluminum iPad stand for under $10.00.

Thanks! I love Monoprice! I wall mounted my TV and I bought all the hardware and cables from Monoprice and it came out great!

oneapplegeek

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
I have SGP's mobile stand.

At first, I felt for its design, but I found out it works both portrait and landscape And it's elevated for charging. It doesn't mention on the website, but I just learned from my experience. I wish I could upload the actual picture of mobile dock with charging my phone, but the pic is not available on web :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.