iPhone 4 Dock, keep or return it?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by walds11, Jul 11, 2010.

1. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Not sure that I really have a need for it. I may be better off with an Apple USB Power Adapter. It's basically going to be used as a spare charger to use at the office or for traveling. I get great battery life, so don't really need to charge my iPhone during the day at work. I have an extra USB cord that I can use with it.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Then return it. Not really sure why you felt the need to ask.

3. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I thought that the dock would be more versatile for me, but maybe not. It's not like you can use the iPhone while in the dock. Just looking for opinions on the dock.

4. redlemons macrumors newbie

return it!! i have the first iphone dock and it fits it perfect and im sure u can find it really cheap on ebay.

5. dugbug macrumors 65816

dugbug

I have long-since demoted my dock to "backup charger" status once I got a charging dock with speakers, and a clock radio with iphone dock.

Knowing what I know now I wouldn't get the apple charger.

6. NeonGreenHermit macrumors regular

I love docks, but the iP4 dock and 3G/3GS docks are overpriced. At least the 2G dock was free in the box!

I use the Universal dock with my bumper - it fits perfectly, and best of all I can use my little IR remote. Also, I find that with the 3GS dock, I couldn't control the volume when the headphones were plugged into the line out - you can do this just fine with the UD, and it looks less messy than having the cable sticking out the phone (which also makes it more prone to pulling over by accident... oh my glass phone, you are as fragile as you are beautiful!)

7. coelacanth macrumors 6502

Return it and buy the original iPhone one for cheap on ebay.

8. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's not a money thing for me. Just not sure how much good use I will get out of the dock. What are advantages/disadvantages of USB power adapter vs. dock?

9. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

There's no difference at all. It just looks cooler in a dock as it's charging. Looks a little neater on your desk if you set it up correctly too.

10. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I charge my iPhone overnight and don't need to charge it during the day. It does not sit at my desk charging while at work, thus no real need for a dock.