Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

S.Kay

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
Can anyone recommend a decent cheap third-party dock for the iPhone 4. eBay is litered with Chinese knock-offs, those their quality comes into question..

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
FYI Apples Dock is made in China! the iPhone it's self is made their too. ;) just made there specs, I usually look at the reviews from people that have bought on ebay.

ItsJustafnPhone

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
ebay docks suck

the apple ones fit 100% like a glove, but so do most "brand name" ones

the ebay ones have sideways wiggle room which I've heard can damage the 30 pin connector after time

Lostsol

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
The first generation dock fits the iPhone 4. It's not a "perfect" fit but I've used mine for 2 months now and it works great. Got it from a US SELLER on eBay and it was brand new OEM for 8 bucks.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
The first generation dock fits the iPhone 4. It's not a "perfect" fit but I've used mine for 2 months now and it works great. Got it from a US SELLER on eBay and it was brand new OEM for 8 bucks.
I've been using my 1st gen dock too. It fits well enough that it doesn't wiggle at all. I'm guessing he could get one fairly cheap.

climb3d79

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2010
Dock iPhone 4 in Bumper Case

I've been using my 1st gen dock too. It fits well enough that it doesn't wiggle at all. I'm guessing he could get one fairly cheap.

I found the LYCO Adapter which lets you dock your iPhone 4 in a bumper case using a universal dock. I have been using the LYCO adapter with my Apple Universal Dock for awhile now and absolutely love it!!

The website is http://www.synthecept.com or they have a video here

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.