iPhone 4: does shutting off WiFi / BT solve the antenna issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by absynth, Jun 30, 2010.

1. absynth macrumors regular

Hello all,

i've asked the question before but no reply to it yet: did anyone that has issues with the antenna tried shutting down wifi / bluetooth and/or GPS?

If shorting seems the main issue, some kind of interference between both antennas, wouldnt shutting down the other antenna solve the issue?

I could live with wifi or bluetooth being shut off most of the time as i hardly use BT and only use WiFi when in another country. GPS would hurt a bit more if i'd need to turn it off mostly but i'd still prefer that over a case...
    otherwise i'm afraid i will have to wait for a patch / rev b or even iP5 :(

so...anyone try shutting of (parts) of the other antenna??

2. kcdk99 macrumors newbie

GPS/Bluetooth/WiFi interference

I am having problems where the accuracy of the GPS is affected when I'm using my bluetooth stereo headset. I use a GPS app which tracks my path as I run (iMapMyRun) and a stereo bluetooth headset (Plantronics Backbeat 903). When they are used in combination, the quality of the GPS signal is degraded, producing locations significantly outside of my actual running path (100+ feet). Without the bluetooth headset in use, GPS location is MUCH more accurate, usually within a few feet. It seems that the bluetooth signal is interfering with the GPS signals. I am not connected to WiFi when I'm running, but I guess the signal is still on, looking for WiFi connections. I am going to try to completely turn off WiFi to see if that helps with the GPS interference. I never have problems with the GPS and WiFi together; I only started experiencing problems when I started using bluetooth as well.