iPhone 4 doesn't want to accept songs from itunes anymore...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by aliensporebomb, May 10, 2012.

1. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

My iPhone4 has started a new behavior that I've not seen before. I've got 1.5 gigs of music stored on the phone with 19.8 free.

If I attempt to manually manage the phone and copy tunes over to the phone it used to do it without complaint.

Now it seems to start copying and then abruptly stop. For example, copying eight songs off of a CD I've ripped will possibly copy one or possibly two songs but not the rest. If I highlight the uncopied songs and drag it over to the phone it just sits there like I did nothing.

It's baffling. It does this whether I use wired or wireless sync.

Mac OS X 10.73 on a Corei7 iMac with 16 gigs of ram, iTunes version 10.6. No jailbreak: stock 5.1.1 IOS.

2. iSR5 macrumors member

Reinstall your iTunes, and don't drag the songs into your iphone library,
    drag it to Music library then sync.

3. aliensporebomb thread starter macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

Hm.

Impossible. Or at least that would be incredibly annoying and time consuming.

We're talking about 3000+ compact discs I've encoded by hand, over 20,000 songs. There's no way it will all fit. So I install subsets.

You know those 8 foot tall Ikea bookcases? I have multiples of those FILLED 100% with CDs.

Plus, another 1500 songs that I've written, it's just gigantically stupid in some respects.

4. iSR5 macrumors member

OMG, I didn't know you'll have all that.. you must have your own store in your MAC :D

However, since you're talking about that amount of songs, we have a different story then.

but still you'll have to reinstall your iTunes :(
    otherwise you won't solve the problem.
    you can backup your iTunes library and restore it again.
    see link: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ar...lete-guide-to-backing-up-your-itunes-library/

5. aliensporebomb, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012

aliensporebomb thread starter macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

6. iSR5 macrumors member