iPhone 4 double sending MMS hours later

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrat93, Jun 26, 2010.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

Dec 30, 2006
    I sent my friend a picture last night. She answered me, so I know she got it the first time. Later she texts me saying "thanks for sending that twice. two times just didn't get the message across." It was late and I didn't feel like answering. Today, I MMS my friend a screenshot. I see him get it seconds later. About three hours later, he receives it again! Has anybody else noticed this?
  2. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

Jun 25, 2010
    Alexandria, VA
    try doing a restart. perhaps a restore is in order.
  3. Shnoops macrumors newbie

Oct 28, 2007
    That jus happened with me and my girlfriend as well. Sent her a pic and maybe about an hour or two later she texted me back asking why would i send it twice. I didnt think anything of it. Anybody else having similar problems?
  4. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

Dec 30, 2006
    Glad to know I'm not the only person with this problem. I'll submit a bug report to Apple.
  5. konabumm macrumors newbie

Nov 19, 2007
    same problem

I'm also having this problem - anyone having luck with a solution?

6. koilvr macrumors 6502

Jun 15, 2010
    Knoxville, TN
    I am having the same issue, I sent my girl a picture and later on she said are you trying to turn me on sending this pic again. So def a couple of hours later they get the same pic again, I wonder why?
  7. SingBlueSilver macrumors member

Dec 7, 2007
  8. rtztgue macrumors regular

Aug 9, 2008
    Had this happen with my IP4 and my 3g. I figured it was at&t buffering the iphone mms for some reason.
  9. RafaelT macrumors 65816

Jun 9, 2010
    Lakeland, FL
    Not trying to defend the iPhone, but is anyone posting here on any network other then at&t? It could just as easily, maybe even more easily be the network.
  10. vkobejitsu macrumors newbie

Jun 9, 2009
    That's very strange, it wasn't sending double MMS until yesterday and I doesn't send it twice to everyone. The only person getting double MMS from me is on T-mobile.:confused:
  11. konabumm macrumors newbie

Nov 19, 2007
    Im on the phone with At&t - they have no idea what it is - I've had to restart my phone 5 times now.
  12. coasterider macrumors regular

Jun 29, 2010
    Washington, DC
    This also happens to me. AT&T to Verizon very much later.
  13. konabumm macrumors newbie

Nov 19, 2007
    they have credited my account - so the messages I've gone over have been wiped out. they are telling me that it's the phone - so now I'm off to apple support
  14. konabumm macrumors newbie

Nov 19, 2007
    it also seems to only happen to me from att to verizon
  15. PennStateMatt macrumors newbie

Apr 1, 2009
  16. s2000freak23 macrumors newbie

Jun 22, 2010
    same here att to verizon sometimes even double texts or texts dont get sent till like 30mins later