Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

efet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
I had ios 4.3.3. installed and I was using my phone unlocked with Gevey until this morning.
This morning, my os crashed; no matter what I tried, I could not fix it so I had to restore it through itunes and now I have ios 5...
Did Cydia save my SHSHs -whatever they are - and is there anyway to downgrade it and unlock it at this point?

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I had ios 4.3.3. installed and I was using my phone unlocked with Gevey until this morning.
This morning, my os crashed; no matter what I tried, I could not fix it so I had to restore it through itunes and now I have ios 5...
Did Cydia save my SHSHs -whatever they are - and is there anyway to downgrade it and unlock it at this point?

Well i got good and bad news for you!...

Good news is your SHSHs should be on Cydia, just download Tiny Umbrealla and get a copy of them...

Now to the bad news..you upgraded to iOS5 and also updated the Baseband to a version that is not unlockable at the moment, so you are out of luck with the unlock.

Always come here or to other forums before restoring if you have an issue. to fix your issue you should have restore back to 4.3.3 not to iOS5... it is too late now.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Oh ****...

indeed...

Note to the future (and for those who may read this after)... if you are using a software unlock... never...EVER>>>>EVER.... update/upgrade using iTunes. You need to read and understand what is required to keep your current unlock before doing any software update. (each unlock while similar so far, they may have differens requirement in order to update)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.