iphone 4 driver not working on pc

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wileyg2, Feb 17, 2012.

1. wileyg2 macrumors newbie

hi guys im sure this has been asked before, i had a bit of a search but couldnt find it
    but when i conect my phone it comes up in itunes but not on my computer which is running vista, it asks to install driver but then it comes up with windows found new software but encoutntered a error while instaling it
    i been trying to fix it , it has got a yellow triangle in the device manager next to iphone, ive uninstalled itunes and stuff and reinstalled it but still dosnt work
    ive got a broken screen and the phones off to get fixed thats why i want to get all the photos off it at the moment the phone and the pc could end up in the toilet so any help would be GREAT and will stop these guys going for a swim
    thanks shane:)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'd try remove and reinstall the latest itunes version.
    If your PC still has problems recognizing it then plug it to another computer to retrieve your pics.

3. normanbates macrumors regular

Also try uninstalling the device via device manager. If there is anything corrupt in the driver info in the pc it can keep failing trying to update it